Question about white/neutral in existing wiring

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricBayArea

Electricians: I am replacing my old Blink EVSE, which used a NEMA plug, with a new ClipperCreek EVSE, which is hard-wired.

The NEMA plug was wired up with a feed of black-red-green-white wires. The new ClipperCreek EVSE is hard-wired with black-red-green wires.

:?: Question: What do I do with the white/neutral wire in the box? Do I need to:
(A) Cap off the white/neutral in the receptacle box or
(B) Cap off the white/neutral in the receptacle box AND unplug&cap white/neutral at the breaker box from the neutral bar?

Thanks in advance!

EricBayArea said:
Electricians: I am replacing my old Blink EVSE, which used a NEMA plug, with a new ClipperCreek EVSE, which is hard-wired.

The NEMA plug was wired up with a feed of black-red-green-white wires. The new ClipperCreek EVSE is hard-wired with black-red-green wires.

:?: Question: What do I do with the white/neutral wire in the box? Do I need to:
(A) Cap off the white/neutral in the receptacle box or
(B) Cap off the white/neutral in the receptacle box AND unplug&cap white/neutral at the breaker box from the neutral bar?

Thanks in advance!
(A) is correct, cap off the neutral in the junction box . see installation pdfs for your specific model https://www.clippercreek.com/installation-manuals/

Back