EVgo Nissan Preferred Plan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveEV

Anyone else get this via email?

It seems that EVgo has an intermediate plan for Nissan LEAF owners where one can avoid the monthly subscription fee and pay $2.95 / QC session + $0.15 / minute.

This is a LOT better than the $4.95 + $0.20 / minute a-la-carte plan and now in the right ballpark that I won't cringe if I have to use it. For heavy users their $14.95/mo and $0.10 / minute plan is still the best deal.

drees said:
Anyone else get this via email?

It seems that EVgo has an intermediate plan for Nissan LEAF owners where one can avoid the monthly subscription fee and pay $2.95 / QC session + $0.15 / minute.

This is a LOT better than the $4.95 + $0.20 / minute a-la-carte plan and now in the right ballpark that I won't cringe if I have to use it. For heavy users their $14.95/mo and $0.10 / minute plan is still the best deal.

I have not received that email, but will look into it when my NCTC card expires in February. We only had Blink for a long time, but we now have some EVgo chargers around the Phoenix area. They have been installing chargers near major shopping areas so I have received a few free charges from them. Their chargers seem to be maintained well (except one that I used which had a broken latch on the SAE plug). I would be concerned if I had a car with the SAE combo plug--those plugs are small for the DC voltage and current levels involved.

Gerry

"We hope you enjoyed your 90 days of complimentary charging on the EVgo network.

This complimentary access ended on June 17, 2016, but we are still here to meet your charging needs.

And because you drive a LEAF, you have our absolute best pricing with the brand new Nissan Preferred plan*.

Your EZ-Charge card will still give you access to the nation’s largest network of public fast charging stations - more than 750 EVgo fast chargers, with more being added all the time. And you'll enjoy the best rates we have to offer!

All you need to do to get this special pricing is update your payment information and start charging.
Pricing_graph_with_logo-2.jpg

Thank you for being one of the first electric vehicle drivers on the road and for charging with EVgo along the way!

P.S. We’re always adding range to your ride by installing new Fast Charging stations across the US. Check out the stations near you!

* Your cost will be based on the amount of time your car is connected. Price and plan availability vary by geographic market and are subject to change. Price valid on EVgo Network only. Other fees may apply for out-of-network charging. Subject to EVgo's Terms and Conditions of Service.

+ Compared to EVgo Flex plan; 25-minute DC session and hourly rate for L2.

FWIW I tried to get NRG to update my normal EVGO card to the Nissan Preferred Plan as I do have two LEAFs but got this response. "Unfortunately, we will not be able to convert your account over to the Nissan Plan as Nissan distributes the keycards on a vin eligibility basis."

QueenBee said:
FWIW I tried to get NRG to update my normal EVGO card to the Nissan Preferred Plan as I do have two LEAFs but got this response. "Unfortunately, we will not be able to convert your account over to the Nissan Plan as Nissan distributes the keycards on a vin eligibility basis."

Thank Drees and QueenBee for bringing this up. I believe I received a similar email, but didn't catch the significant discount compared the pay as you go plan. And I should have realized this as I had just turned off my monthly subscription plan and had switched to the pay as you go.

I turned on my 90-day EZ Charge, 88 days ago and the free charging will expire this week on Thursday, Sept 8. So I will call and provide them my credit card info and confirm the new rates vs my older pay as you go plan.

Will let you all know what happens, and will do a test charge to confirm.

My NCTC card which I received compliments of the Klee v. Nissan settlement was automatically switched to the EVgo Nissan Preferred Plan when the free to charge period expired.

I think I'll just keep the NCTC card as a backup when I need to charge in a hurry.

lkkms2 said:
QueenBee said:

Thank Drees and QueenBee for bringing this up. I believe I received a similar email, but didn't catch the significant discount compared the pay as you go plan. And I should have realized this as I had just turned off my monthly subscription plan and had switched to the pay as you go.

I turned on my 90-day EZ Charge, 88 days ago and the free charging will expire this week on Thursday, Sept 8. So I will call and provide them my credit card info and confirm the new rates vs my older pay as you go plan.

Will let you all know what happens, and will do a test charge to confirm.

Today, Thur Sept 8 I called the EZ Charge Card phone number. They indicated this Special Prefered Plan was just sponsored by EVgo and only applied for their locations. And was good for One (1) Year, after which you could review what what plans they had at that time and select the next plan you are interested in. So I/We may get an email at the end of that year. Will wait and see.

When I first signed up online with the EZ Charge card 90 days ago, I forgot I had to enter credit card information even thought it was going to be free. So EVgo should charge that card under the new Prefered Rates. Will test within the next week.

And for what ever other public charger company you my use you will have to deal directly with them, arranging cards and payment methods.

Back