bigedgar
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:59 am

Re: Duosida EVSE Just Arrived.

Tue May 09, 2017 2:03 pm

Thanks, guys - great info as always. And thank you for the reminder about the fact that this won't work on a 15a circuit - I'm an idiot for not remembering this from the get-go. That said, an adapter for a regular 20a, 120v would be good to have. I have a bunch of 12g wire hanging around, so this should be easy to cobble together. Thanks for the links to the 14-50 females.

alozzy
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:25 pm
Delivery Date: 18 Jan 2017

Re: Duosida EVSE Just Arrived.

Tue May 09, 2017 3:01 pm

You're welcome, good luck!
Canadian with a US 2013 Ocean Blue SV + QC, purchased 01/2017 in WA
Zencar 12/20/24/30A L1/L2 portable EVSE
1-1/4" Curt #11396 hitch
After market, DIY LED DRLs
LeafSpy Pro + Konnwei KW902 ELM327 BT OBDII dongle
Big grin, enjoying my first BEV :D

jjeff
Posts: 1305
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:10 am
Delivery Date: 13 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 422121
Location: MSP MN

Re: Duosida EVSE Just Arrived.

Tue May 09, 2017 3:39 pm

bigedgar wrote:Thanks, guys - great info as always. And thank you for the reminder about the fact that this won't work on a 15a circuit - I'm an idiot for not remembering this from the get-go. That said, an adapter for a regular 20a, 120v would be good to have. I have a bunch of 12g wire hanging around, so this should be easy to cobble together. Thanks for the links to the 14-50 females.

Yes I always liked using my 16a EVSE(on a 20a 120v circuit) because the charging was roughly 13% faster than my OEM EVSE. Of course the downside to carrying around just the 16a EVSE is if you only have access to a 15a circuit, you'd be SOL :(
Because of this I got an adjustable 120/240v EVSE where I could adjust the current to whatever voltage/amperage my circuit is, I also didn't like carrying around 2 EVSEs in an already cramped hatch :(
2012 SL purchased used 2/'16
2013 S w/QC purchased new
Juicebox Premium 60a L1/L2 EVSE, Ebusbar 16a L1/L2 EVSE
'12 EVSEupgrade'd 20a L1/L2 EVSE, '13 EVSEupgrade'd adjustable 6-20a L2, 6-13a L1 EVSE
Zencar 13, 20, 30a L1/L2 portable EVSE
GE Durastation 30a

MalcolmReynolds
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:39 am
Delivery Date: 10 Jun 2017

Re: Duosida EVSE Just Arrived.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:18 pm

Do you guys have any links for the 14-50 to 5-20 adapter you mentioned. I know you guys are making them, but for those of us who are less handy can we just buy these adapters somewhere? I would like to be able to adapt the Zencar 32a down for 120v 15a and 20a circuits. Thanks!

alozzy
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:25 pm
Delivery Date: 18 Jan 2017

Re: Duosida EVSE Just Arrived.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:03 am

There's this one, which inspired me to make my own, lol:

http://www.corddepot.com/shop/ev-produc ... v-adapter/
Canadian with a US 2013 Ocean Blue SV + QC, purchased 01/2017 in WA
Zencar 12/20/24/30A L1/L2 portable EVSE
1-1/4" Curt #11396 hitch
After market, DIY LED DRLs
LeafSpy Pro + Konnwei KW902 ELM327 BT OBDII dongle
Big grin, enjoying my first BEV :D

User avatar
TonyWilliams
Posts: 9984
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:48 am
Location: San Diego
Contact: Website

Re: Duosida EVSE Just Arrived.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:32 pm

alozzy wrote:There's this one, which inspired me to make my own, lol:

http://www.corddepot.com/shop/ev-produc ... v-adapter/


Dangerous and dumb.

alozzy
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:25 pm
Delivery Date: 18 Jan 2017

Re: Duosida EVSE Just Arrived.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:34 pm

Nice, you can always be counted on for a helpful comment.

As I explained before:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=22692&start=110#p492105

I know this just falls on deaf ears with you though. Thanks, as usual, for your condescension and ridicule.
Canadian with a US 2013 Ocean Blue SV + QC, purchased 01/2017 in WA
Zencar 12/20/24/30A L1/L2 portable EVSE
1-1/4" Curt #11396 hitch
After market, DIY LED DRLs
LeafSpy Pro + Konnwei KW902 ELM327 BT OBDII dongle
Big grin, enjoying my first BEV :D

User avatar
TonyWilliams
Posts: 9984
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:48 am
Location: San Diego
Contact: Website

Re: Duosida EVSE Just Arrived.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:00 am

alozzy wrote:Nice, you can always be counted on for a helpful comment.

As I explained before:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=22692&start=110#p492105

I know this just falls on deaf ears with you though. Thanks, as usual, for your condescension and ridicule.


I fail to see how any "comment" makes this idea less dangerous and dumb.

It's not ridicule or condescension... it's a dire warning. THIS ADAPTOR IS DANGEROUS AND DUMB. It may burn somebody's house down. It may kill somebody.

I won't be belittled into being silent about something so blatantly dumb and dangerous.

Good luck.

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”