Hi jjeff the 10-in-1 adjustable EVSE is made by ZenCar. Look at my eBay listings and "Other Auctions" by this seller. Here are links:http://www.ebay.com/itm/122049817194?ss ... 1555.l2649http://www.ebay.com/itm/122022738374?ss ... 1555.l2649
At first I thought the "shaking" thing was very questionable -- like the iPhone "shake to undo" feature. But after receiving, testing, and using this Zencar EVSE on a regular basis it is pretty fantastic. It's a "hidden" feature that does not require you to read the manual or do any button sequences. Here is a list of details on the feature:
- Changing the amperage is impossible to do unintentionally. (nearly impossible) Here's why:
- The feature to switch amperages is only available for the first minute that the EVSE has been plugged into the wall. The car (J1772) must be disconnected.
- The "shake" must be very rapid and very quick -- hard to do since the thick AC cord is 18 inches long to the 14-50R outlet. I must have tried 5 times the first time. I still can't get it to switch the first time if I haven't done it in a few weeks - I forget how quick I have to shake.
- Once one-minute has passed you are locked out of any changes until you cycle AC power. The EVSE always remembers the last setting.
- For that first minute you can switch the EVSE as many times as time allows. My unit does 10, 16, 20, 24, and 32 Amps. I leave it on 24 Amps most often, I test on a 50 Amp circuit.
Once set for your application, you never need to worry about the amperage setting changing unintentionally, and you always see the setting in the LCD readout to confirm. My favorite feature is knowing exactly how many kWh you draw from the wall after driving, making it easy to calculate cost. Also it shows your AC voltage under load so you can see how 240v can sag to 231 volts which ultimately affects your kW rate of charge. Lastly it tells you how long you charged for before charging stopped.
If anybody has any questions about EVSE, AC outlets, circuit breakers, extensions, anything -- please feel free to reach out to me via text on on this forum.