maini
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 2:47 pm
Delivery Date: 25 May 2014
Leaf Number: 339745
Location: NorCal Bay Area

Re: Duosida EVSE Just Arrived.

Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:17 pm

Interested in a group buy
2014 SV Cayenne Red with LED and QC port

RePo
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:55 am
Delivery Date: 28 Mar 2013
Leaf Number: 404201
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Duosida EVSE Just Arrived.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:42 am

I don't see any purpose in a group buy- just order one. They have a minimum quantity of ONE. If you achieved a $15 discount for ordering 20, you'd still have to redistribute them at a shipping cost of $15 each.

Reselling for a profit, now that makes sense. But, you're going to find lots of sources doing that, so your profit margin will be squeezed.
Found my super black 2013 Leaf.

Marsh
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:28 pm
Delivery Date: 29 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 422831
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: Duosida EVSE Just Arrived.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:01 am

RePo wrote:I don't see any purpose in a group buy- just order one. They have a minimum quantity of ONE. If you achieved a $15 discount for ordering 20, you'd still have to redistribute them at a shipping cost of $15 each.

Reselling for a profit, now that makes sense. But, you're going to find lots of sources doing that, so your profit margin will be squeezed.


Exactly!

SurfHawk
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:43 pm
Delivery Date: 22 Sep 2016
Location: Santa Barbara

Re: Duosida EVSE Just Arrived.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:19 pm

That shipping cost is great, I typically pay $50 just to have a <1lb item get sent to me via DHL from China suppliers so to get this $145 shipped is great.

What shipping service did they use, how long did it take?

Did you order off of Alibaba or via the seller's site?

You got a 16A one with a "normal" 120V socket, correct? Did they offer a 30A one with a 14-50 NEMA plug for 240 service? Would this replace the need for a $500 Juicebox?

Thanks for the tip.
2013 Leaf S w QC - Purchased 10/2016
4kW Solar - Installed 11/2016

jjeff
Posts: 1462
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:10 am
Delivery Date: 13 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 422121
Location: MSP MN

Re: Duosida EVSE Just Arrived.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:23 pm

SurfHawk wrote:
You got a 16A one with a "normal" 120V socket, correct? Did they offer a 30A one with a 14-50 NEMA plug for 240 service? Would this replace the need for a $500 Juicebox?

Don't know your other questions but this is a 16a EVSE, not 30a+ like a Juicebox. Now it sounds like they may offer to put a L6-30 plug on it but it would still be a 16a EVSE.
2012 SL purchased used 2/'16
2013 S w/QC purchased new
Juicebox Premium 60a L1/L2 EVSE, Ebusbar 16a L1/L2 EVSE
'12 EVSEupgrade'd 20a L1/L2 EVSE, '13 EVSEupgrade'd adjustable 6-20a L2, 6-13a L1 EVSE
Zencar 13, 20, 30a L1/L2 portable EVSE
GE Durastation 30a

Marsh
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:28 pm
Delivery Date: 29 Nov 2013
Leaf Number: 422831
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: Duosida EVSE Just Arrived.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:41 pm

SurfHawk wrote: ... What shipping service did they use, how long did it take?

Did you order off of Alibaba or via the seller's site?

You got a 16A one with a "normal" 120V socket, correct? Did they offer a 30A one with a 14-50 NEMA plug for 240 service? Would this replace the need for a $500 Juicebox?

Thanks for the tip.


I chose UPS Worldwide Express, they shipped it on a Thursday and I got it the following Monday.
I contacted the supplier via Alibaba, but they sent me a quote over e-mail and I paid it with Paypal.
It's 16 Amps, 110 - 240 Volts. You can get whatever plug you want.
They sell a 30 amp wall mounted EVSE that would have the same function as the juice box.
The person that I contacted was Amy at sales-1006@zencar.net . I'm pretty sure she would be glad to help you get the right product for your home.

maini
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 2:47 pm
Delivery Date: 25 May 2014
Leaf Number: 339745
Location: NorCal Bay Area

Re: Duosida EVSE Just Arrived.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:34 pm

I am interested in the
http://www.e-zencar.net/product/evse-32a/

6A-32A adjustable EVSE

EVSE adjustable: 6A 8A 10A 13A 16A 20A 32A
Protection class: IP54(in mated conditions)
Constant Updates Added With New Features
Work voltage: 110V~240v
Accept sample,delivery time 3-5 days.
Accept product customization

Need to see if they will put a L14-30 on as the plug.. also how long the wires are.. I have emailed them this morning..
2014 SV Cayenne Red with LED and QC port

jjeff
Posts: 1462
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:10 am
Delivery Date: 13 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 422121
Location: MSP MN

Re: Duosida EVSE Just Arrived.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:37 am

^^^ interesting, looks a lot like the case of my Ebusbar L1/L2 16a EVSE. I'd be interested to see how the current is adjusted, I've seen similar cheaper EVSEs(one from Khons?? comes to mine) where to adjust the amperage you have to "shake" the EVSE :? if so that seems a bit hokey to me, hopefully it will be a software or bush button type of adjustment, can't see the "shaking" thing working too well.
2012 SL purchased used 2/'16
2013 S w/QC purchased new
Juicebox Premium 60a L1/L2 EVSE, Ebusbar 16a L1/L2 EVSE
'12 EVSEupgrade'd 20a L1/L2 EVSE, '13 EVSEupgrade'd adjustable 6-20a L2, 6-13a L1 EVSE
Zencar 13, 20, 30a L1/L2 portable EVSE
GE Durastation 30a

maini
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 2:47 pm
Delivery Date: 25 May 2014
Leaf Number: 339745
Location: NorCal Bay Area

Re: Duosida EVSE Just Arrived.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:56 am

maini wrote:I am interested in the
http://www.e-zencar.net/product/evse-32a/

6A-32A adjustable EVSE

EVSE adjustable: 6A 8A 10A 13A 16A 20A 32A
Protection class: IP54(in mated conditions)
Constant Updates Added With New Features
Work voltage: 110V~240v
Accept sample,delivery time 3-5 days.
Accept product customization

Need to see if they will put a L14-30 on as the plug.. also how long the wires are.. I have emailed them this morning..



6A-32A adjustable EVSE: Can select only 3 charging rates by shaking the EVSE!!!


1. 14-50 plug one end other end J1772
2. 16A 20A 32A only
3. 8M of total cable length. The unit price is $295/pc
4. Shipping cost UPS $66 usd.
5. Paypal payment

Total Price = $361
2014 SV Cayenne Red with LED and QC port

jjeff
Posts: 1462
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:10 am
Delivery Date: 13 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 422121
Location: MSP MN

Re: Duosida EVSE Just Arrived.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:39 pm

^^^ very decent price for a 32a EVSE....just not sure how much confidence I'd have in "shaking" the EVSE to change current on a device that could potentially draw 32 amps :?
Also it would be nice if the device also included a 12a setting so a person could use it on a standard 15a N. American circuit. With 16a as the minimum you'd still probably want to carry around your OEM EVSE in case of emergencies and you only had access to a 15a circuit :)
Someone else also posted a link to a ebay seller who sold the Khons?? 32a EVSE(probably the above EVSE) for $399, Amazon has it listed for $499 so I imagine various people are purchasing something like above in bulk and just reselling it for various profits.
$399 https://www.evseadapters.com/en/for-evs ... -evse.html
$495 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Duosida-Electri ... rmvSB=true
$499 when available: https://www.amazon.com/portable-KHONS-1 ... ev+charger
2012 SL purchased used 2/'16
2013 S w/QC purchased new
Juicebox Premium 60a L1/L2 EVSE, Ebusbar 16a L1/L2 EVSE
'12 EVSEupgrade'd 20a L1/L2 EVSE, '13 EVSEupgrade'd adjustable 6-20a L2, 6-13a L1 EVSE
Zencar 13, 20, 30a L1/L2 portable EVSE
GE Durastation 30a

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”