Installing 240V L2 charger at home

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shop2order

Hello Friends,
I have recently leased 2016 Nissan leaf SV model for use in San Francisco bay area. While I do like the NCTC benefit of free and fast charging at 500V, there are only a limited no of charging stations in my area compared to the demand.

I am considering installing a 240V L2 charger at home. Could you share your experience installing such a charger at your home?

Also, besides the Nissan Leaf charger unit, which other charger/brand would you recommend listed at Amazon.com?

Thanks

I recommend Clipper Creek brand EVSE. Only thing hard is pulling the proper circuit to the location needed.
If you have an unused electric dryer outlet near by it is a slam dunk to plug in a Clipper Creek HCS-30.

Also, the charger is built into the car. Both charging stations (except fast chargers) and portable charge cables are just safe ways to get house current to the car's onboard charger.

you realize the 30% tax credit for home EVSE install costs ends in a few weeks right?

as far as install. I got a clipper creek 24 amp that has essentially a dryer plug that I simply plugged into the dryer outlet I had installed 3 years ago for my 2013 that used the EVSEupgrade mod. I will now haul the EVSEupgrade cord around with me (need a few adapters) and use the clipper creek at home.

make sure you check with your local utility for possible other rebate programs

I concur on the ClipperCreek. We have an HSC 40 hard wired in the side of our house. It is also made in California. You can see the installation photos on my web site under EVs.

Back