LA to Vegas corridor. No or very few charge stations.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webeleafowners

Hi folks. I am Canadian but live in US (Palm Springs) 4 months of the year.

I am curious as to why there seems to be so little support for this route in terms of charging opportunities. Is it a political thing. The traffic seems very high along this route (we have done it many times) and it just seems like it would be a good electric vehicle corridor. Any thoughts? We have been doing it in a motor home but may tow the leaf instead of the smart car down in the next couple of years and would like to be able to take the leaf.

Stay safe out there.

John

webeleafowners said:

I am curious as to why there seems to be so little support for this route in terms of charging opportunities. Is it a political thing. The traffic seems very high along this route (we have done it many times) and it just seems like it would be a good electric vehicle corridor. Any thoughts? We have been doing it in a motor home but may tow the leaf instead of the smart car down in the next couple of years and would like to be able to take the leaf.

Stay safe out there.

John

On the i-5 freeway corridor, there's a CHAdeMO fast DC charger every 25-50 miles to the Canada border to the California border.

There is a 207 mile gap from Oregon to Chico, California that will be filled this year with a California grant. It's about 100 miles to Sacramento, and then you can travel CA-99 toward LA. Lot's of chargers from LA to Palm Springs.

http://www.plugshare.com/?latitude=34.052826&longitude=-118.243685&spanLat=1.426783&spanLng=2.644958

Edit: Ok, I see you're talking about LA to Vegas, not Canada. There are several grants working on that. eVgo will start work on a big station in Baker, California, so from Victorville is about 100 miles to Baker, then 100 miles to Las Vegas. Not really practical yet, but it will get there.

TonyWilliams said:
webeleafowners said:

Stay safe out there.

John

On the i-5 freeway corridor, there's a CHAdeMO fast DC charger every 25-50 miles to the Canada border to the California border.

There is a 207 mile gap from Oregon to Chico, California that will be filled this year with a California grant. It's about 100 miles to Sacramento, and then you can travel CA-99 toward LA. Lot's of chargers from LA to Palm Springs.

http://www.plugshare.com/?latitude=34.052826&longitude=-118.243685&spanLat=1.426783&spanLng=2.644958

Edit: Ok, I see you're talking about LA to Vegas, not Canada. There are several grants working on that. eVgo will start work on a big station in Baker, California, so from Victorville is about 100 miles to Baker, then 100 miles to Las Vegas. Not really practical yet, but it will get there.

Good to hear they are working on it. They would need to be a little closer than 100 miles though for us. No big deal though. We do it rarely and can always take the motorhome. Don't have to put the pouch in the kennel that way. It just seems odd that that corridor has been forgotten. A lot of people commute that route once per week.

Thanks for the reply.

Back