4Tiki2
Delivery Date: 20 Feb 2017
Leaf Number: 300602

Blink EVSE for Sale, Portland, OR area

Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:30 pm

I'm selling my Blink EVSE in excellent condition. It was used until recently with my 2015 SL. I removed it in working condition to make room for my new OberCharger, which gives me a "free" additional receptacle for my power tools in my garage.

The Blink was mounted indoors and charged the SL with up to 6.6kW. It has a nice color display and can easily be programmed to use off-peak power only. Has a "charge now" override button. It keeps track of you charging costs as well. Never had any problems with it. Comes with a cable holder.

The system was hard-wired to a dedicated circuit at my distribution panel. I can add a NEMA plug/cable if desired to connect to a 10/30 or 14/30 receptacle. You may also buy my OberSwitcher to share an existing dryer wall outlet with automatic charging when the dryer is not running.

I'm selling the Blink EVSE for $750 and the optional power switcher for $250.
This combo works great in older houses with limited power. When you have an electric laundry dryer, you can charge your car without paying hundreds of dollars for installation or upgraded electrical service..

Please check the Portland Craigslist for more info.

Due to size and weight local pick-up only. I can help with installation.

cwerdna
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Re: Blink EVSE for Sale, Portland, OR area

Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:54 pm

Which model?

'13 blue Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 blue Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

wmcbrine

Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:01 pm

I haven't heard of "Obercharger", and Google's not helping. Do you have a link?

I don't think $750 for a used EVSE is realistic, but that's up to you.

@cwerdna: I found his ad on Craigslist. It's the classic Blink:

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/pts/6038567118.html

(I say "classic"... many will have other words for it.)

4Tiki2
Delivery Date: 20 Feb 2017
Leaf Number: 300602

Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:44 am

Thanks for your feedback. Regarding the Blink EVSE, I saw similar units on Craigslist for about the same price but I'm open for negotiations.

Ober-EV.com provides some info on their systems. These are built in Germany by a small company focussing on fast charging the Renault ZOE with 3-phase AC with up to 20kW. The OBER products are modified for the US market (single phase only). Key feature is a proprietary automatic load transfer relay that allows sharing a dryer connection without overburdening your power panel - only one high power user is run at a time. I have one since December and it works great, that why the Blink needs to go. My neighbor just got one and is very happy with it.

powersurge
Delivery Date: 06 Dec 2014

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:01 am

That price is really out of line, especially since on amazon the Blink is $629... You need to LET GO of the expectation that you can use things for free by selling used things at the same price you paid for new....

DuncanCunningham
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 15 Apr 2015

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:14 am

powersurge wrote:That price is really out of line, especially since on amazon the Blink is $629... You need to LET GO of the expectation that you can use things for free by selling used things at the same price you paid for new....
I'd imagine he paid a lot more than the current asking price. I find I do better when I don't assume, but maybe you are right and he did pay that much for it.
Statler: Wake up you old fool. You slept through the show.
Waldorf: Who's a fool? You watched it.

2015 Leaf S (leased until May 2018, Bought out in Jan 2017)
2012 Leaf SL (purchased May 2015)

wmcbrine

Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:44 pm

4Tiki2, you should check out the whole sub-forum devoted to Blink: viewforum.php?f=43

Personally, I think the "classic" Blink has some unique pros and cons:

Pros:
Style -- snazzy black and white design.
Historical value -- one of the first widely-used J1772-2009 EVSEs.
Fancy control display -- pretty much no other home EVSE has one as nice, unless via a phone app.

Cons:
Huge, heavy.
Kludgy internals.
Bad reputation for reliability and safety.

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”