hackdroot
Delivery Date: 15 Apr 2017

Re: Candidate for Least Used Charging Station

Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:39 pm

RonDawg wrote:
jjeff wrote:Not sure if other states are different but that handicapped sign isn't really the official one(at least for my state) where the sign has to have the dollar amount of the fine for parking without authority($300 in my state I believe) and the ground would also need to have the outline of a large wheelchair painted on it.
Not that I wouldn't still feel leery parking there unattended but that sign looks more like something you'd pick up at Home Depot or similar and more of a courtesy sign than official sign.

California doesn't require that the dollar amount be posted. I don't know if AL does. It does require the outline of the wheelchair to be painted on the ground, but I can't see enough of the parking space to see if it has that or not.

Alabama has some of the fewest regulations regarding state level requirements for accessible parking (as opposed to California). I believe they only adhere to ADA requirements, which do not include symbol painting.

"Accessible parking spaces must be identified by signs that include the International Symbol of Accessibility. Signs at van-accessible spaces must include the additional phrase “van-accessible.”
Signs should be mounted so that the lower edge of the sign is at least five (5) feet above the ground. This helps ensure visibility both for motorists and local enforcement officials."
2013 Leaf SL (12/2013) + Premium package 31,000 miles - 58.8AHr - 89%SOH

derkraut
Delivery Date: 14 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 004248

Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:19 pm

Let's say there's no one around watching you: If you absolutely need to use that charging station, grab your screwdriver, and in a minute or so, you'll have that top sign removed...throw it in your trunk. When your charging is done, re-install the sign. ;)
Derkraut
Color: Cayenne SLE, ETEC trim
reserved: 5/15/2010
Leaf del. 6/14/2011
New Traction battery installed on 7/28/2017:

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:10 am

This is another case where a J-1772 extension cable would be very handy.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”