paulgipe
Delivery Date: 20 Oct 2014
Leaf Number: 311200

Re: Electrify America Network

Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:38 am

The Pismo Beach station is still wrapped in plastic. It's now been months since they were installed. The site has been removed from PlugShare. I assume EA figures that if the get the stations in the ground that counts toward their CARB settlement to be complete by June. Turning them? Maybe that wasn't covered. ;)

Paul
Bakersfield, California
2017 Bolt LT with DCFC, leased 11/09/17
2015 Nissan S with QC, leased, returned
2013 Chevy Volt Premium, used 10/3/16, sold
L2; ClipperCreek HCS-40; Jesla; JDapter Stub
http://www.wind-works.org

GetOffYourGas
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012

Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:20 pm

Electrify America announced about 3 months ago that they are behind schedule. The Phase I chargers will all be operational by December 31st, according to EA.

NY seems to be far worse than CA. There are three that I know of Waterloo, Herkimer, and Albany which appear to be completely installed and wired up, yet they sit there for months unpowered. My best guess is that EA is fighting against NYS' red tape. We are notoriously bad for business here. The state regulates the heck out of everything, adding cost and delays to even the simplest projects.
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

GRA

Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:57 pm

GetOffYourGas wrote:Electrify America announced about 3 months ago that they are behind schedule. The Phase I chargers will all be operational by December 31st, according to EA.

NY seems to be far worse than CA. There are three that I know of Waterloo, Herkimer, and Albany which appear to be completely installed and wired up, yet they sit there for months unpowered. My best guess is that EA is fighting against NYS' red tape. We are notoriously bad for business here. The state regulates the heck out of everything, adding cost and delays to even the simplest projects.

You think CA is any different? :? Although here, it's more likely local permits and regs from AHJs that are the issue, as the state's fully on-board.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

GRA

Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:00 pm

paulgipe wrote:The Pismo Beach station is still wrapped in plastic. It's now been months since they were installed. The site has been removed from PlugShare. I assume EA figures that if the get the stations in the ground that counts toward their CARB settlement to be complete by June. Turning them? Maybe that wasn't covered. ;)

Paul

The requirement was for 300 Cycle 1 stations to be complete or substantially underway (or words to that effect; I don't remember the exact wording) by June 30th. whether that means property agreements, permits, under construction or what IDK.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

paulgipe
Delivery Date: 20 Oct 2014
Leaf Number: 311200

Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:17 am

Guy, yes substantially underway would be met. Kiosks are in, transformers maybe not. Two weeks to go to see if they will meet the end of June deadline.

Paul
Bakersfield, California
2017 Bolt LT with DCFC, leased 11/09/17
2015 Nissan S with QC, leased, returned
2013 Chevy Volt Premium, used 10/3/16, sold
L2; ClipperCreek HCS-40; Jesla; JDapter Stub
http://www.wind-works.org

GRA

Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:38 pm

[Update] Six sites have opened, making 8 for the month and 207 total: Smelterville, ID (I-90 btwn. Enaville and Kellogg); Pueblo, CO (Jct. I-25/U.S. 50); Ft. Stockton, TX (I-10); Midland, TX (Jct. I-20/S.R. 158/349); Huber Heights, OH (I-70, just E. of Jct. I-75, N. of Dayton); Cocoa, FL Jct. (I-95/S.R. 520).

Smelterville shortens the I-90 leg between Spokane Valley and Missoula from 184 miles to legs of 56 and 130 miles.

Pueblo provides access to/from U.S. 50, E. or W, and shortens the (126 mile) I-25 leg between Fountain and Trinidad to legs of 35 and 92 miles.

With Ft. Stockton, it's just possible using extreme care to connect to Junction (201 mi.), and thus, assuming you have dest. charging at both ends, it's now possible (but not yet practical) to drive I-10 from Phoenix to Jacksonville. The "Coming soon" site" in Ozona, TX will shorten the Ft. Stockton to Junction leg from 201 miles to two legs of 102 and 93 miles. Other "Coming soon" sites needed to make the route practical are Hammond LA., Tallahassee FL, Tucson or Casa Grande AZ, plus a site in Lordsburg NM, Wilcox AZ, or somewhere in between.

Midland extends I-20 west from DFW, and it's now possible but not practical to reach Van Horn (183 miles), and continue on to Phoenix as above.

Opening Huber Heights means there is now a no-toll route (once you leave NYC via toll bridge or tunnel) from NYC to Chicago, via I-80 to Youngstown, then I-76 and 71 to Columbus, I-70 to Indianapolis and I-65 etc. to Chicago, although it adds about 124 miles to the trip; there's now also a no-toll route from NYC to STL and beyond. Two sites on I-70 in Pennsylvania are needed to provide a direct I-70 route to WDC/Baltimore.

Cocoa, FL, shortens the (149 mile) I-95 leg between Ormond Beach and Port St. Lucie to legs of 67 and 82 miles.

GRA

Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:41 pm

paulgipe wrote:Guy, yes substantially underway would be met. Kiosks are in, transformers maybe not. Two weeks to go to see if they will meet the end of June deadline.

Paul

Paul, when you say the Pismo Beach site has been removed from Plugshare, do you mean someone showed it as open? Because I see it showing as under construction, "Coming soon" on Plugshare. Both Madera and Selma are shown as open on PS, even though they aren't according to EA, and no one has recorded a check-in saying they're operational.
Last edited by GRA on Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GRA

Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:52 pm

See story here:
IEVS: Electrify America and ChargePoint Partner To Simplify Charging
https://insideevs.com/news/354244/electrify-america-chargepoint-partner-public-charging/

DougWantsALeaf
Delivery Date: 18 May 2013
Leaf Number: 407811

Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:16 pm

Electrify America called me today to follow up on my request to have more than 1 Chademo charger at each station.

The employee took some notes from the conversation and said he would put it into their internal discussions and appreciated that I reached out. I thanked him for reaching out.

Other leaf owners, please do the same. Enough interest will drive change.

Saw the new Leaf Add hit multiple tv stations this week. It will be interesting to see how June and July sales look.
2019 SV Plus Silver
2013 Leaf SV
100 Mile Club Member (Number 87)
Max distance on 13 Leaf: 120 miles
Max distance on 19 Leaf: TBD

GRA

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:50 pm

Cornelius, OR (Urb., S.R. 8, W. of Portland) is open, #9 for the month and #208 total.

My dad and I used to drive up from Oakland and visit relatives who lived in Cornelius and/or Forest Grove (right next door), a loooong time ago.

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”