OR leaf dealers now mapped @ http://electric.carstations.com

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ranchleaf

Hey all,

We should have all Oregon Nissan Leaf Dealers mapped up @ http://electric.carstations.com, in addition to the other Oregon locations already there.

Please add or correct any we have missed. You can do this yourself using the add a station page or click the edit links on an existing station.

Thanks yet again to all who have been sending in photos, comments and fantastic notes about the status and location of the EVSE units. It's invaluable to the community.

The development team is hard at work on the new features and mobile apps.

Thanks.

David

You have 4 topics here now, that are nearly identical:

I know you're trying to advertise your website, and I totally respect that. It's a cool site, and really quite useful.
I've even contributed to your site, so it's nothing personal - but if it was anybody else, they would be considered as spamming the forum.

Would you please just keep it all in the original thread, New EVSE maps website http://electric.carstations.com

Ok, rant ended ;)

johnr said:
You have 4 topics here now, that are nearly identical:

I know you're trying to advertise your website, and I totally respect that. It's a cool site, and really quite useful.
I've even contributed to your site, so it's nothing personal - but if it was anybody else, they would be considered as spamming the forum.

Would you please just keep it all in the original thread, New EVSE maps website http://electric.carstations.com

Ok, rant ended ;)

Hey John,

Totally fine. I thought I was keeping it on topic by putting it under the EVSE section, but keeping it to a single thread is OK by me if that is better. It's a lot of work doing the site as you know and I like sharing related or interesting milestones. I can't tell you the amount of hours getting filtering by charge type working was for instance :)

thanks.
David

I'm fine with whatever everyone else likes really. I'm glad you're developing this helpful resource, and I hope it's successful. :)

i agree that managing info is a tough job, but i have to agree with David. this is a different site so i rather it not be mixed in with another one no matter how closely related.

as long as it is in the correct subforum, i am ok. this thread should address everything to do with the site in question; submissions, tech support, etc.

putting it in with other charging map sites would make one very long, scattered confusing thread.

if its that much of an issue, create a sub- forum for this specifically.

DaveinOlyWA said:
i agree that managing info is a tough job, but i have to agree with David. this is a different site so i rather it not be mixed in with another one no matter how closely related.

as long as it is in the correct subforum, i am ok. this thread should address everything to do with the site in question; submissions, tech support, etc.

putting it in with other charging map sites would make one very long, scattered confusing thread.

But the 4 threads in question were all about the same site, just one thread for CA, one for OR, one for Nissan Dealerships, and one general website. I agree that all of the information should be on one thread. close down the other three and point them to the one that you would like to maintain, or just merge all the posts into the one you want to maintain.

palmermd said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

But the 4 threads in question were all about the same site, just one thread for CA, one for OR, one for Nissan Dealerships, and one general website. I agree that all of the information should be on one thread. close down the other three and point them to the one that you would like to maintain, or just merge all the posts into the one you want to maintain.

Thanks for the input. Here is what I am going to do. I will create one last "main" thread shortly that will just be about the site and contain announcements, etc. BTW, just got filtering by charger brand/manufacturer complete, which I'll put up :) It's just I worry like Dave mentions what if people decide to post multiple comments. You then lose the original conversations and it could be a big mess? Happy to give it a go though. So here comes the main thread..... :)

palmermd said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

oic. i did not know they were all pointing to same website. ok, that would be dumb. but that would also be disappointing. i dont believe it beneficial to us to have only one resource in this.

the internet is waaay too fickle for me to hope that my one and only resource is up all the time.

Back