Outdoor Post Mount?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superchewie

Hi folks,
I'm wondering if any of us have ideas/photos they can share for private bollard/post-mounted home EVSE solutions?

My situation is this:
-- EVSE to be located on private property, at 'front' of private parking stall
-- EVSE will likely be ChargePoint Home
-- underground conduit in place already to run from house to mounting location.

As for what I mount the EVSE on, I have no idea. I'm assuming a wood or metal post of some sort, with the EVSE at around chest-height (to allow for cable storage). As I live in a very wet environment, I'm also planning on a rain hood/weather protection of some sort.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Long ago I constructed a weather resistant OpenEVSE for an east coast customer. He mounted it in a 4X4 and it worked out well.

Thanks for the replies! I had assumed simplest is best and should go with a 4x4 post. I was worried about the '10 years from now' durability of that post, though. The plastic 4x4 idea is a good one! I'll also check out Clipper Creek's solutions.

I assume weather protection (a lid/rain cover of some kind) is also a prudent addition.

Weather protection depends on the EVSE. The outdoor Clipper Creek units have plastic cases and don't seem to need protection, although it couldn't hurt. The Clipper Creek mounting points can be kind of flimsy, though, so use big stainless or plastic washers to mount them. Get a holster for the J-1772 plug if one isn't included.

Back