Problems "snapping in" AV EVSE?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVNation

Anyone else having problems getting the AV EVSE to click into place to start charging?

Unlike the Nissan L1 charger which clicks right in, the AV one requires that I wiggle it around and push it back in a couple of times before it snaps in place. It will sense it is attached to the car, but the car won't acknowledge and start charging until the switch at the thumb drops into place.

I am going to call on this but wondered if it is common.

On the AV unit, the switch lever is plastic and seems like it doesn't quite fit right. The L1 charger is metal and feels more solid.

EVNation said:
Anyone else having problems getting the AV EVSE to click into place to start charging?

Unlike the Nissan L1 charger which clicks right in, the AV one requires that I wiggle it around and push it back in a couple of times before it snaps in place. It will sense it is attached to the car, but the car won't acknowledge and start charging until the switch at the thumb drops into place.

I am going to call on this but wondered if it is common.

On the AV unit, the switch lever is plastic and seems like it doesn't quite fit right. The L1 charger is metal and feels more solid.

So far no problems here....no wiggle needed.

Back