GCC: Meet gulplug’s P-Plate – A Self Plug-In Charging Station (w/video)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

A drive-over alternative to inductive charging. There's a video. https://insideevs.com/gulplugs-p-plate-a-self-plug-in-charging-station-w-video/

. . . There are no efficiency losses, as in the case of wireless charging, but convenience should be similar. Also, the price of the P-Plate should be no higher than a conventional home charging station, according to the company. Though no official pricing has been announced.

Charging power of up to 7 kW (22 kW while 3-phase) is expected to be possible.

Gulplug is trying to introduce the P-Plate on the market and has already entered into a cooperation with Volvo.

That is so lame....

Like we need to have our machines self-mate like on Avatar....

I could see a lot of areas for problems... like retracting motor problems, how does is know how much to release, and the best... fools who cannot park to save their lives...

I watched the video. How do they get 7kw through a single, standard wall plug? Isn't standard wall plug the definition of Level 1? Why did I have to buy a high end L2 and get special wiring to get 6.6kw if the standard wall plug will do 7kw?

I appreciate the idea. But I'm really seeing a lot of problem scenarios with this. How will it handle being driven over when someone does a bad parking job? As mentioned above, water, mud, ice, snow or other debris; all look like they would be serious problems.

Standard EU wall plug will do 2kW. Actually 3kW, but it is not recommended.
Video is extremely simplified. So much so it actually looks in "idea" state and not "prototype".

Back