TESLAs using Drive The ARC (DTA)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electromotive

I inquired of EVgo, and had their response verified by DTA, that TESLAs may avail themselves of the free DTA charging.
Of course that would necessitate the use of the TESLA CHADEMO adapter.
Some of us do not like that idea for several reasons.
Please comment.
Thank you.

I don't see anything on the DTA page that talks about only certain cars using it...

https://drivethearc.com/#sec-about

The funding comes from Japan. I could understand you saying the system is only for Chevys to use if GM put up the money, or Ford, etc. But they didn't.

I think it's okay for Teslas to use as long as they practice good EV etiquette and don't stay connected too long when other cars are waiting, etc.

And, by the way, the free charging aspect of the project is for a limited time and then it reverts to eVgo's pay for use billing system...

Who is "us"?
What are your "several reasons"?
How do you propose to prevent Teslas from charging?

From their FAQ https://drivethearc.com/charging-station-faqs/:
Which EVs are eligible for the campaign?
Thus other EV models using the same QC protocol as the eligible EVs will also be eligible for the “charge for free” campaign.
But... why would a Tesla owner want to buy a $450 CHADEMO adapter to charger slower at a DTA CHAdeMO station, where there are nearby SuperChargers available. Given the choice of a location with 8-16 SC stalls vs. a location with 1 or 2 CHAdeMOs... which would I charge at?

This thread is just the other side of (IMHO silly) arguments about non-Tesla's using destination chargers via something like the JDapter Stub. At least with the JDapter Stub, the EV owner is actually getting an advantage.

I'm the first one to criticize Tesla for creating an incompatible charging infrastructure, but that's no justification for closing general purpose charging locations to them.

jlv said:
From their FAQ https://drivethearc.com/charging-station-faqs/:
Which EVs are eligible for the campaign?
Thus other EV models using the same QC protocol as the eligible EVs will also be eligible for the “charge for free” campaign.
But... why would a Tesla owner want to buy a $450 CHADEMO adapter to charger slower at a DTA CHAdeMO station, where there are nearby SuperChargers available. Given the choice of a location with 8-16 SC stalls vs. a location with 1 or 2 CHAdeMOs... which would I charge at?

This thread is just the other side of (IMHO silly) arguments about non-Tesla's using destination chargers via something like the JDapter Stub. At least with the JDapter Stub, the EV owner is actually getting an advantage.

The reason Tesla owners would want to use these stations is because they are free for some some period of time (never underestimate the desirability of "Free" :) , and not all Tesla's get free supercharging. And as soon as the Model 3 can use the Tesla Chademo adapter, then more Model 3 owners will want to use the DTA charging stations for free....

Randy said:
The reason Tesla owners would want to use these stations is because they are free for some some period of time (never underestimate the desirability of "Free" :) , and not all Tesla's get free supercharging. And as soon as the Model 3 can use the Tesla Chademo adapter, then more Model 3 owners will want to use the DTA charging stations for free....
The slow charging may be free of charge but the time wasted is not, and you should not forget that the CHAdeMO adapter is far from free.

I personally would not even think about these stations if a Supercharger was an alternative.

(thread resurrection)
The guy at https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/chademo-charging-the-model-3.160882/page-7#post-4738710 says "Finally was able to pay off my CHAdeMO adapter with all the free charging I have been using it for..."

Back