Is there a site or Nissan web page which shows all dealerships with Chademo facilities.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you mean not filterable? It works fine for me. I just choose CHAdeMO and see all the stations in my area. You can even uncheck EVgo, etc to narrow it down.

Nissan dealers are terrible with reporting what they have. I like to call the Nissan dealers near where I will be driving ahead of time. I like the Nissan dealers better than chargepoint because I know that I can sit and wait in a nice place while I charge...

The EZ-Charge map, although still not filterable, shows the dealership chargers with a separate pin. However, at this time only the Android app works for me, I could not open the map in a browser.

Edit: apparently, wrong link from the search page. Link from EZ-Charge homepage works.
Edit #2: And the website map does NOT have a distinguishable pin for dealerships.

Plugshare has filters that help but more curious as to why such a narrow search? Most are not free so definitely not a way to save money.

DaveinOlyWA said:
Plugshare has filters that help but more curious as to why such a narrow search? Most are not free so definitely not a way to save money.
And, for many, the DC FC is inaccessible outside of dealer business hours.

So yeah, seems like a bad idea to have such a narrow criteria.

cwerdna said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
And, for many, the DC FC is inaccessible outside of dealer business hours.

So yeah, seems like a bad idea to have such a narrow criteria.

Yah. I wanted to get a feel for how many dealers in the US have Chademos. Our local dealer sells a lot of Leafs and is feeling the pressure from customers on putting in a Chademo. Thought I would give him some idea of what’s happening in the US.

Thank you all for the comments.

^^^
I don't know the numbers off the top of my head. I can tell you Gilroy (CA) Nissan doesn't have a CHAdeMO DC FC, AFAIK.

I've been there to use their L2 EVSE a few times. My current Leaf doesn't have CHAdeMO inlet anyway, so not like it'd have helped.

City only unless there is two

Auburn; no
Bellevue; yes
Bellingham; yes
Bremerton; no
Burien; Yes
Burlington; no
East Wenatchee; yes
Edmonds; yes
Everett; yes
Kirkland; yes
Olympia; yes
Pasco; no
Port Angeles; yes
Puyallup; yes
Renton; yes
Spokane; no
Spokane Valley; yes
Sunnyside; no
Tacoma; no
Vancouver; yes
Walla Walla; no
Yakima; no

That is WA... I say divide and conquer. Shouldn't be too tough. We have enough people here. And no...Seattle does not rate high enough to have a dealership. :roll:

DaveinOlyWA said:
And no...Seattle does not rate high enough to have a dealership. :roll:
Pacific Nissan existed in Seattle, sorta near downtown. It closed and was eventually torn down. I used to go there for service :| when (Melody's) Bellevue and Kirkland Nissan closed down and there were no Eastside Nissan dealers. :( (I lived on the Eastside.)

Stadium Nissan in Seattle existed for awhile. I sold them my former 350Z for a pretty good price. But alas, they closed down too. Maybe they weren't so savvy at business?

cwerdna said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Pacific Nissan existed in Seattle, sorta near downtown. It closed and was eventually torn down. I used to go there for service :| when (Melody's) Bellevue and Kirkland Nissan closed down and there were no Eastside Nissan dealers. :( (I lived on the Eastside.)

Stadium Nissan in Seattle existed for awhile. I sold them my former 350Z for a pretty good price. But alas, they closed down too. Maybe they weren't so savvy at business?

Re Pacific Nissan, was it located on that strip of land between Mercer and Roy Streets, between I-5 and what is currently the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation? If so, everything (including other car dealerships) was bought up through eminent domain for the widening of Mercer Street in anticipation of the tunnel completion.

Re no Nissan dealers within Seattle itself, that could be due to the business climate in that city as opposed to elsewhere in the Puget Sound region.

RonDawg said:
cwerdna said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

Re Pacific Nissan, was it located on that strip of land between Mercer and Roy Streets, between I-5 and what is currently the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation? If so, everything (including other car dealerships) was bought up through eminent domain for the widening of Mercer Street in anticipation of the tunnel completion.

Re no Nissan dealers within Seattle itself, that could be due to the business climate in that city as opposed to elsewhere in the Puget Sound region.
Hmm. I guess so. https://www.yelp.com/biz/downtown-seattle-nissan-seattle says 601 Westlake Ave N, which sounds right.

From https://www.google.com/maps/place/601+Westlake+Ave+N,+Seattle,+WA+98109/@47.6245034,-122.339087,3a,75y,343.59h,83.41t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sLLYOQh-soc8KvdI6FdlNDw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x54901539b934f1ab:0x8804227e3b2adbe5!8m2!3d47.6250954!4d-122.3389293, you can see the former service garage on the left and the dealer on the right.

I hadn't known of the reason for its closing. I just know it closed.

When I lived on the Eastside, for awhile, it was quite annoying to get dealer service or warranty work done on my Nissans (since both Eastside dealers closed). I had to drive to Seattle and then get a ride from a co-worker who lived in Seattle to work on the Eastside.

The above dealer service dept didn't have that great a rep either. Nissan of Fife had a good rep but they were FAR from home and work. I recall once going to Campbell Nelson Nissan in Edmonds, which also wasn't convenient.

I might've complained to Nissan corporate begging to let me go to Infiniti dealers on the Eastside for warranty/recall work, to no avail. At minimum, I called Eastside Infiniti service depts about this. Didn't help. :(

cwerdna said:
RonDawg said:
cwerdna said:
Pacific Nissan existed in Seattle, sorta near downtown. It closed and was eventually torn down. I used to go there for service :|

Hmm. I guess so. https://www.yelp.com/biz/downtown-seattle-nissan-seattle says 601 Westlake Ave N, which sounds right.

From https://www.google.com/maps/place/601+Westlake+Ave+N,+Seattle,+WA+98109/@47.6245034,-122.339087,3a,75y,343.59h,83.41t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sLLYOQh-soc8KvdI6FdlNDw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x54901539b934f1ab:0x8804227e3b2adbe5!8m2!3d47.6250954!4d-122.3389293, you can see the former service garage on the left and the dealer on the right.

I hadn't known of the reason for its closing. I just know it closed.

When I lived on the Eastside, for awhile, it was quite annoying to get dealer service or warranty work done on my Nissans (since both Eastside dealers closed). I had to drive to Seattle and then get a ride from a co-worker who lived in Seattle to work on the Eastside.

The above dealer service dept didn't have that great a rep either. Nissan of Fife had a good rep but they were FAR from home and work. I recall once going to Campbell Nelson Nissan in Edmonds, which also wasn't convenient.

Yeah that’s right in the middle of the South Lake Union redevelopment area. In fact I recall that’s where the Broad Street “trench” used to end, connecting to Mercer (for eastbound traffic) and Roy (for westbound) Streets.

I don’t know about their Nissan operation, but a friend of mine who has long lived in Seattle used to go to them for servicing his VW and liked them a lot.

^^^
Hmmm, I don't remember them servicing VWs but I vaguely recall them also handling Fords and Lincolns, w/some local cop cars going in for warranty work. IIRC, they also sold and serviced Land Rovers.

You can see that in 2011 per https://www.google.com/maps/place/601+Westlake+Ave+N,+Seattle,+WA+98109/@47.6255924,-122.3392562,3a,75y,125.93h,93.46t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s4G25B9QLnTyZXTuF5pV1Sg!2e0!5s20110901T000000!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x54901539b934f1ab:0x8804227e3b2adbe5!8m2!3d47.6250954!4d-122.3389293, a Propel fuel station opened up in that area. I guess it wasn't that permanent.

Problem is that the fact that many, if not most, CHAdeMO chargers at Nissan dealers are broken. So, it is risky to expect the dealers will have an operational CHAdeMO charger.

Yesterday, I posted the results I found while planning a trip from northern VA to Virginia Beach, VA. There are about 18 CHAdeMO stations along the route. Of the 18, only 8 were operational, and they were at the two ends of the route. There are 8 Nissan dealers: Only 3 of them are working. Basically, the route is 220 miles and the only CHAdeMO stations are about 40 miles from No Va and 10 miles from VA Beach. That leaves about 160 miles without a CHAdeMO charger. The only hope is to deviate from the main route into Richmond; one of the 2 stations works there.

PlugShare is the only DB I can find that shows real-time operation as it has a user feedback feature. All the others, including Nissan's, only show the station has a CHAdeMO charger, and not it's status. You must call the dealer to find out; even then be skeptical, often you'll just get the phone operator that will say anything.

Back