Simmer
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:51 am
Delivery Date: 16 Aug 2013

Screen that shows when Leaf is turned on?

Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:37 pm

Is there a way to specify the default screen that is shown on the main display panel when the Leaf is turned on?

My Leaf always shows the Navigation GPS-sceen when the Leaf is turned on (regardless of the last screen visible when I turn it off).

I'd like to specify this screen. For example, I'd like it to show the battery charge status screen instead of the Navigation screen each time I turn the Leaf on.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

-Mike

baustin
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:23 pm
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2015
Leaf Number: 402162
Location: North Las Vegas, NV

Re: Screen that shows when Leaf is turned on?

Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:47 pm

It would help if we knew the year and model of the car, along with your location.

My Leaf always starts up to the screens I had showing when I turned it off.
2013 Leaf SV - Cayenne Red - QC Port - LED Headlights

ElectricEddy
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:42 pm
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2016
Leaf Number: 313506
Location: Nanaimo, B.C.

Re: Screen that shows when Leaf is turned on?

Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Simmer wrote:Is there a way to specify the default screen that is shown on the main display panel when the Leaf is turned on?

My Leaf always shows the Navigation GPS-sceen when the Leaf is turned on (regardless of the last screen visible when I turn it off).

I'd like to specify this screen. For example, I'd like it to show the battery charge status screen instead of the Navigation screen each time I turn the Leaf on.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

-Mike

At least that better than the nag screen...Accept/decline :D
Pearl White Sl
mfd date 09/16

magico13
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:39 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: Screen that shows when Leaf is turned on?

Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:42 am

I almost always use the Status display that shows the music playing and miles per kwh (though I really wish there were a way to pause music without having to go to the full music display). It always comes back up as that one when I start my LEAF. I have a 2015 SV.
2015 SV w/ QC

ElectricEddy
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:42 pm
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2016
Leaf Number: 313506
Location: Nanaimo, B.C.

Re: Screen that shows when Leaf is turned on?

Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:52 pm

Simmer wrote:Is there a way to specify the default screen that is shown on the main display panel when the Leaf is turned on?

My Leaf always shows the Navigation GPS-sceen when the Leaf is turned on (regardless of the last screen visible when I turn it off).

I'd like to specify this screen. For example, I'd like it to show the battery charge status screen instead of the Navigation screen each time I turn the Leaf on.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

-Mike

Try pushing the talk button twice (lower left steering wheel) and say "energy usage".
There is a list of commands in the back of the Nav manual IIRC.
This won't save it as start up default, but less hassle than selecting the little icons on the display.
Pearl White Sl
mfd date 09/16

GerryAZ
Gold Member
Posts: 1250
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:47 pm
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Screen that shows when Leaf is turned on?

Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:06 pm

Both 2011 and 2015 will show last screen displayed at time of shutdown if that screen was navigation, radio, or status. If you have the energy use screen displayed at shutdown, the screen will show the screen you had before switching to the energy screen when the car boots the next time. I have never found a way to make it default to the energy screen so I usually go to the map screen before the energy screen. That way it boots to the map display so I check the XM traffic before manually switching to the energy display.

Gerry
Gerry
Silver LEAF 2011 SL rear ended (totaled) by in-attentive driver 1/4/2015 at 50,422 miles
Silver LEAF 2015 SL purchased 2/7/2015

User avatar
SalisburySam
Gold Member
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 24 Feb 2012
Leaf Number: 018156
Location: Salisbury, NC

Re: Screen that shows when Leaf is turned on?

Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:26 am

ElectricEddy wrote:
Simmer wrote:Try pushing the talk button twice (lower left steering wheel) and say "energy usage".
There is a list of commands in the back of the Nav manual IIRC.
This won't save it as start up default, but less hassle than selecting the little icons on the display.

Great technique but couldn't get it to work for me (2012SL). After pushing the talk button once, or twice, all I get are the options: Voice, Navigation. Saying 'energy usage' just results in an error. What am I missing?
SalisburySam
-------------

2012 SL Super Black
Registered to order: April 20, 2010
Ordered: December 6, 2011
11,000 miles, 11 bars showing, 79% SOH

ElectricEddy
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:42 pm
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2016
Leaf Number: 313506
Location: Nanaimo, B.C.

Re: Screen that shows when Leaf is turned on?

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:15 pm

SalisburySam wrote:
ElectricEddy wrote:
Simmer wrote:Try pushing the talk button twice (lower left steering wheel) and say "energy usage".
There is a list of commands in the back of the Nav manual IIRC.
This won't save it as start up default, but less hassle than selecting the little icons on the display.

Great technique but couldn't get it to work for me (2012SL). After pushing the talk button once, or twice, all I get are the options: Voice, Navigation. Saying 'energy usage' just results in an error. What am I missing?

Looking at the 2012 Nav manual page 8-2 voice recognition only offers a choice of phone and navigation after initialization.
The 16 Nav menu offers several more choices including audio, info and zero emission.
I did forget the first step previously, I am so used to just saying energy usage that I forgot that the first time you first have to push the button once and say "zero emission" and then wait for the screen to change then say "energy usage".
After that command is recognized the fist step can be eliminated by pushing the talk button twice and saying "energy usage".
Pearl White Sl
mfd date 09/16

User avatar
SalisburySam
Gold Member
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:01 am
Delivery Date: 24 Feb 2012
Leaf Number: 018156
Location: Salisbury, NC

Re: Screen that shows when Leaf is turned on?

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:47 am

ElectricEddy wrote:Looking at the 2012 Nav manual page 8-2 voice recognition only offers a choice of phone and navigation after initialization. The 16 Nav menu offers several more choices including audio, info and zero emission.


Thanks for the added information, much appreciated. Yes, I had checked my Nav manual before posting and found the same thing. Was hoping there was a work-around but alas not so. Glad to learn subsequent models have enhanced the voice command list. For me, voice use is one of the weakest points of a very weak Nav experience.
SalisburySam
-------------

2012 SL Super Black
Registered to order: April 20, 2010
Ordered: December 6, 2011
11,000 miles, 11 bars showing, 79% SOH

Simmer
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:51 am
Delivery Date: 16 Aug 2013

Re: Screen that shows when Leaf is turned on?

Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:13 pm

Sorry, I've been away for a while.

The model of our Leaf is 2013 SV with the Navigation Package.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”