Had the P3227 reprogram done today: interesting results.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully this isn't too much out of date, but I just had the P3227 reprogramming done, and I have questionable results. I wasn't really given an option about it, as the dealership said it was a "recall" and would have to be done.

But, on the way home I was down to 15 miles on the GOM. I pulled in to the Nissan Dealer, and up to the DC quick charger. One of the dealership big guys (I think) was out there and started talking to me about the LEAF, as where they're at they don't see many. I was telling him that I had to stop and get the recharge or I wouldn't make it home. So ...

I got the charger hooked up, and it started. And showed 40% charge remaining!! So of course he says wow, there's still 40% left. And I have to say yah, I don't understand that. So that was embarrassing.

Now prior to the reprogramming, I have pulled in with inches to go before LBW and the DC charger showed about 30% remaining, which seems at least a bit more reasonable.

But how can it be so close to LBW now with really just under half the charge remaining?

sub3marathonman said:
But how can it be so close to LBW now with really just under half the charge remaining?
The LBC is confused after just having had the update done. It should get to be more normal after a few weeks.

On my car with 2 bars down and 50.2 Ah, 40% SOC as reported by the LBC is around 18-20 miles on the GOM and 82-85 GIDs with 3-4 bars remaining.

If you have a 2011 or 2012 and it hasn't been done it will be listed as needed on the Nissan dealer's Service Comm screen.
Just give them your VIN # and they can check.

At my fourth annual test on May 18 I plan to still avoid it for now.

If I lose two more capacity bars they will require it be done for capacity warranty battery replacement.

My car had before upgrade 99hlt 281gids. After upgrade 91hlt 260gids wtf:( not so happy about that! November2015 mod whit 11000km on the odometer

EL82XXX said:
My car had before upgrade 99hlt 281gids. After upgrade 91hlt 260gids wtf:( not so happy about that! November2015 mod whit 11000km on the odometer
I thought P3227 battery management algorithms reprogram was for pre 13 cars only :?:

Kristis said:
Is there any way to check if my car has it or not? I've bought used and do not know its history in regards of software updates :)

I found out by calling my local Nissan dealer service desk and asked them to run the VIN for any recalls.

Kristis said:
Is there any way to check if my car has it or not? I've bought used and do not know its history in regards of software updates :)
I have avoided having the P3227 done on my 2011 Leaf. When I go to https://www.nissanusa.com/recalls-vin and enter my VIN, P3227 shows up as an open service campaign.

Cheers, Wayne

wwhitney said:
I have avoided having the P3227 done on my 2011 Leaf. When I go to https://www.nissanusa.com/recalls-vin and enter my VIN, P3227 shows up as an open service campaign.

Cheers, Wayne

Just out of curiosity, is this still the case? Double checked mine and see no recall or campaign so I assume it's done...

Q9dAPN7.png

Thanks,
-Eric

sandeen said:
wwhitney said:
Just out of curiosity, is this still the case? Double checked mine and see no recall or campaign so I assume it's done...
Yes, this is still the case, I just checked the above link and P3227 still shows up for my vehicle. I even took the car to the dealer to fix some suspension damage from an accident, and I opted out of having P3227 done at that time.

Cheers, Wayne

wwhitney said:
Yes, this is still the case, I just checked the above link and P3227 still shows up for my vehicle. I even took the car to the dealer to fix some suspension damage from an accident, and I opted out of having P3227 done at that time.

Cheers, Wayne

Cool, super helpful. Thanks!

Back