LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Re: New Tires

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:05 pm

I'm surprised Bridgestone lets Nissan install inferior versions of tires. My confusion is an example of how this can hurt their reputation.

It's pretty common for a manufacturer to negotiate with a tire maker for lower priced, lower spec OEM tires. Toyota had a deal with Continental for years, and may still. Camrys used to come with Continentals that were rock hard and had terrible wet traction. They may still, for all I know.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

webb14leafs
Delivery Date: 27 Mar 2017

Re: New Tires

Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:09 am

I ended up buying the ecopias at Costco. They had a weekend deal that included free installation and combined with the $70 bridgestone rebate I was out the door with 4 new tires for ~$440. Not bad. Same tires at firestone would have been close to $800 after installation and taxes.

I purchased the car with 14,000 miles on it and it was clear the previous owner had some tire issues. There were 3 ecopias - one of which was completely bald, the other 2 had less than 5,000 of life left on them. There was one oddball tire that was a cheap replacement, but still had a lot of life left. I ended up scrapping it because it was cheaper to buy 4 tires instead of 3 because of the discounts. It also would have voided the warranty.

After scouring the internet it seems that the aftermarket Ecopias have good performance and tread life. They also have a 70,000 tread wear warranty so...

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”