2018 Leaf Tires and Wheels

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nerk

Just wondering if anyone knows this answer...

I have a deposit on a 2018 Leaf (and also on an e-golf, first come first served) and looking for a deal on some lightly used winter tires for it.

Does anyone know if the bore and offset and tire sizes remain the same as the 2017 model? Also, can they be sized -1?

So instead of 16" wheels, drop down to 15" and a taller tire/sidewall.

thanks,

Does the 2018 use the same wheels as 2017? The S-model 2017 comes with 15-inch steel wheels. You can go to TireRack.com and select a winter tire + 15" steel wheel package for the 2017 Leaf.

But I have no idea if the wheels changed on the 2017.

Why do you need to know tire sizes when the car will not be for sale for 6 months?? You even say that you may get a VW.

Research what tire you like, and then go buy the right size AFTER you have the car??

Also, why would you be in such a rush to buy USED tires on a brand new car?? If you must have winter tires, do it the right way, and spend the money on new....

I think you are spinning your wheels too early.

powersurge said:
go buy the right size AFTER you have the car

Agreed. Who knows what will happen during your car-shopping time.

why... buy USED tires on a brand new car?? If you must have winter tires, do it the right way, and spend the money on new.

I don't follow how the age of the car has anything to do with whether used snow tires are a good or bad thing. If they're OK for a 3-year old car, they're OK for a new car. And if you don't like used tires, ever, then that's OK too.

If you buy a new car, don't be cheap and start messing with craigslist tires. Today, tires are not so expensive that you need to take a loan on them...

If you cant afford new tires then you should not get a new car.

New big snow tires used to be $30,

The desert dogs on my old suburban were at least.

But I agree get the after you get the car next March, winter will be over by then

powersurge said:
Why do you need to know tire sizes when the car will not be for sale for 6 months?? You even say that you may get a VW.

Research what tire you like, and then go buy the right size AFTER you have the car??

Also, why would you be in such a rush to buy USED tires on a brand new car?? If you must have winter tires, do it the right way, and spend the money on new....

I think you are spinning your wheels too early.

I disagree... There are tons of great used winter tires from people that only use them of a season or two... And for almost the same cost of buying the steel rims alone, you can get a decent set of tires already mounted and balanced.

For 400$ I got a set of X-Ice 3, only used for one season still plenty of life on them mounted on steel rims for the E-Golf... I quoted Tire Rack and 4tires.ca and after conversions, you're looking at over $1000 for a tire and rim package. I also live in an area that gets snow and ice well into march as well as drive open county rd's for a good 40km.

The Golf is expected to be delivered Q1 of 2018, but if there's any more delays (rumour is there's only 700 to distribute in Canada) ... I may jump over to the Leaf... Heck, even have my name in the hat for a Bolt... The reason I prefer the Golf is simply for the hatch size, being a musician, I constantly have lug amps and guitars around... The Bolt is smaller, but has greater range... The Leaf sits right in the middle...

The SV and SL tires are 215/50 R17, I don't know what the offset is, but is probably the same as the 2017 car. The S version uses 16-inch rims.

18leaftires.jpg

Back