New Nissan EV app is out!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone who has the new APK upload it from their phone? I’m a UK-based iOS user so the worst candidate to try and download it, but I want to decompile it and have a look around, see if the API has changed, etc

Edit: all good, got one now

The new app has a whole new API, now hosted by InfinitiUSA.com (Nissan's luxury division). That's promising, it's definitely been rebuilt from the ground up.

Unfortunately this does mean all of our existing libraries for interacting with it need to be binned.

Not too much added functionality. I wish they added the ability to remotely turn ON and OFF charging like you can with climate control. I use this app to remotely start charge when I am away for very long periods of time and only want to “top-off” to a 70% level.
This was more of a GUI refresh. Maybe future releases will add more functionality

I never understood why you can’t remotely stop charging. Makes absolutely no sense, especially when charging the 24kwh to 100% isn’t terribly good for it (the 30 doesn’t use all the cells anyway IIRC?)

Alas, you won’t be getting any new features on existing cars, as that would require an OTA update to add it and you know how Nissan don’t like being up to date on the latest innovations like software updates.

BenWoodford said:
I never understood why you can’t remotely stop charging. Makes absolutely no sense, especially when charging the 24kwh to 100% isn’t terribly good for it (the 30 doesn’t use all the cells anyway IIRC?)

Alas, you won’t be getting any new features on existing cars, as that would require an OTA update to add it and you know how Nissan don’t like being up to date on the latest innovations like software updates.

There is nothing wrong with charging to 100%. In fact, it needs done regularly to balance the cells. Letting it sit at 100% for extended periods, especially in the heat, is what is bad for the battery. Charging in hot weather should also be avoided, whenever possible.

That’s the one. I don’t actually get my Leaf till tomorrow so haven’t had to work about battery management yet. Just been working on API tinkering in the meantime

I've started writing up all the API calls I can find, still a lot left to do though

https://gist.github.com/BenWoodford/141ca350445e994e69a70aabfb6db942

Please keep giving your updates. I have not loaded the new app yet, I won't until I start seeing reports that it's stable. As others have said, it seems like not a lot of new functionality, so I guess no need to update now. It would be nice if the Alexa integration worked reliably.

It's worth noting that you can try out the Alexa functionality without downloading the app, they're completely isolated from one another.

At first I couldn't get connected. So I reset it on the dash. Now I've successfully logged in on the app and it tells me the status is unavailable and the web portal is giving me a "System error!! Please try after some time..." error on multiple computers.
It's so annoying.

If I push past the website error and hit login again I get the portal and I was able to get a full status. Now I can focus on the stupid app.

So this weekend I needed to do a round trip outside of the cars range - which is sadly only 55 mi on an 8 bar 2011.

Anyway not an issue, as there is plenty of destination chargers. But after I left the car plugged in and charging, I checked the new Nissan app and at the top it clearly indicated "Unplugged".

Agggh. Someone unplugged me and I won't get home! However I checked Chargepoint which clearly indicated the car was charging and consuming KWhrs.

Really?

So no - not ready for prime time.

Will this version work on a 2015 base model S (w/QC)?

The last time I checked, the App only worked with models with built-in Navigation.

Thanks!

@Gearscout: only works with navigation cars that have a 3G antenna in them.

i re-logged into my app in the car and now it looks like i can refresh status and control my car through the app. thanks for that tip!

still shows as 'unplugged' even though my car is currently charging, so that is annoying.. will test remote heating and alexa some more later.

Marko

Yes, the bogus "unplugged" status surprised me yesterday. My climate control timer is set for 5:30 and if the car is unplugged the heat doesn't run as long, so when I thought the car was unplugged I left sooner to not just waste the power, only to get out to the car and find it using charger power to preheat.

this app shows information all over the place. i charged it for a few hours last night and the app showed 100% (which i thought was wierd, my 3.8kw charger wont go from 30%-100% in 2-3 hours), got in the car this morning, 70%. not that i needed all that, but come on!

i hope Nissan sees these threads and can use the feedback to improve the system. Don't leave the first gen Leafers behind Nissan, this is great free marketing for you!

Today I noticed that the app said I was at 100% (and unplugged) just 30 minutes after I plugged in the car with a 60% SOC. I went out to the car to see it was still plugged in and charging (and the dash said it has 2 hours left to charge). :eek:

So it is still just as slow and still fails talking to the car, but now it can apparently succeed talking to the car but give you a garbage result.

But it definitely is nicer looking. :lol:

jlv said:
So it is still just as slow and still fails talking to the car, but now it can apparently succeed talking to the car but give you a garbage result.

That's the problem...and why I have been manually updating my apps to avoid downloading the new one. At this point, I think Nissan needs to either rename the new app or suspend updates until they figure it out.

Does anyone have any similar apps for their other cars? Are they as buggy as this one? The APP does look nicer, but these issues being reported are big ones. I'm not sure how a new app gets released like that.

Back