Replacement tires- need sugestions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airis2001

Our 2015 SV is in need of new tires after 44,000 miles on the original ones.
I tried searching around and have not found much. Any help would be great. We live in the northeast so need all-season tires that will work on snow.
Thanks

I just had Nokian WRG4s put on my 2018 SV, and they have been great so far. No noticeable change in efficiency or noise, and they work excellent in the snow.

Thanks for the snarky reply there. Don't you think that was the fist thing i tried?
Most of what I found was from a few years ago so I thought I would come here and get some more current advice.
How stupid of me to think that I might get some actually useful information.

I agree that Nubo should have just posted a topic link, but you have to understand that we have a big problem with people starting topics over and over for common questions. That makes it hard, ironically, for someone looking for info to find it here. Don't use the site search feature, always use Google.

Let me give a bit more clarifying information- My wife drive this car and her job is at the very end of how far she can drive round trip on a single charge- no, charging at work is not an option unfortunately.
When it is very cold she will drive my minivan because she wants to be able to actually have heat and not get frostbite on her commute to and from work.
We need tires that will not cost her anything in range and hopefully pick up a half a mile/kwh or so if possible.

airis2001 said:
Let me give a bit more clarifying information- My wife drive this car and her job is at the very end of how far she can drive round trip on a single charge- no, charging at work is not an option unfortunately.
When it is very cold she will drive my minivan because she wants to be able to actually have heat and not get frostbite on her commute to and from work.
We need tires that will not cost her anything in range and hopefully pick up a half a mile/kwh or so if possible.

In that case, your best choice is Bridgestone Ecopia. Since your car came with 17-inch Michelins, you can expect slightly better efficiency and significantly better wet traction with Ecopias provided you inflate them to 44 psi cold.

LeftieBiker said:
but you have to understand that we have a big problem with people starting topics over and over for common questions. That makes it hard, ironically, for someone looking for info to find it here. Don't use the site search feature, always use Google.
Agreed. The same questions often get asked over and over both here and on various Leaf FB groups I'm on. In at least 80% to 90% of the cases, the issue's already been discussed on MNL.

Many people don't know about the site: syntax (https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2466433?hl=en) to limit searches which works on Google and Bing (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff795613.aspx). And, the two search engines let you limit time frame.

cwerdna said:
^^^
True, but using the site: syntax limits it to that domain vs. possibly getting hits on other sites.

Why not get pertinent hits from other sites? The first one after a long list of hits here is from torquenews.com - and it's on-topic.

What do you guys have to say about the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max tires? I want to get a set of Ecopias but they are out of stock at Ttirerack, Costco and BJ's

I just had to put new Ecopia's on our Leaf after only 24,000 miles due to excessive edge wear during the state inspection a few days ago... The first set lasted 37,000 miles, and I was expecting at least that much out of the second set. Outer edges were worn clean smooth though, and the center tread wasn't even near the wear bars. Luckily dealer had them buy 3 get one free, but still. I looked at going to the Goodyear Fuelmax, but decided against it. I just think it is something about the roads here in this Hampton Roads, Virginia area that tears the Leaf's tires up on the edges like that. I was doing regular alignments and everything.

airis2001 said:
Thanks for the snarky reply there. Don't you think that was the fist thing i tried?
Most of what I found was from a few years ago so I thought I would come here and get some more current advice.
How stupid of me to think that I might get some actually useful information.

Don't be so defensive. I find that a lot of folks don't know that you can tell Google a specific website to search in, which is what I was showing you. Useful because as you found out, the search here on the forum isn't always helpful.

For example, the very first link my search brought up is here on the forum and has been regularly updated to this day. You can also add date filters, etc...

LeftieBiker said:
cwerdna said:
^^^
True, but using the site: syntax limits it to that domain vs. possibly getting hits on other sites.

Why not get pertinent hits from other sites? The first one after a long list of hits here is from torquenews.com - and it's on-topic.

Depends on your goal and the signal-to-noise ratio you run into. Try to do an image search recently? "-pinterest" is your friend.

Better to have a tool and not need it than the reverse.

airis2001 said:
What do you guys have to say about the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max tires? I want to get a set of Ecopias but they are out of stock at Ttirerack, Costco and BJ's

I have the Fuel Max as a replacement tire on the Leaf and they're not bad. I would have preferred Continental Pure/True Contact if I had time, but the Fuel Max was available locally in the timeframe I needed.

I've had both of these tire types on my Volt, and the Conti's were better in bad weather, but initial range is probably 10% lower than the Fuel Max tires.

Any of you on the market for some new tires.. as i am now.. TireRack are selling them for $117 each and you can get a bridgestone $70 visa card from the deal. so you end up paying about $400 for a set of 4.

Now if I could find 4 for the price of 3 i'd check that out too.

Back