Do people hate your car?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lars36 said:
A week or so after I bought the car a kid in a giant truck pulled up behind me and yelled “your car is gay”.

As you drive buy while he is filling up "Giant Truck" with 2+to 3+ dollar gas, thank you very much. :lol:
$2.xx gas? Nothing like that in my area. It's all above $3/gallon. I saw some regular gas (at stations on the more expensive side) at $3.65 to $3.75+ for regular on the way home.

Most of my juice used to fuel my Leaf is for free from work. :D A portion comes from charging at free public L2 charging and a tiny fraction comes from charging at home.

Grheault said:
LeftieBiker said:
A week or so after I bought the car a kid in a giant truck pulled up behind me and yelled “your car is gay”.

But...but the car is getting ''plugged in front, not in the back'' :lol:

That quote was from the OP, not me. The suggested responses in the next post were mine.

For those wanting to play "my gas costs more than yours" I'm pretty sure NZ is near the head of the pack. I had to drive my Nissan Stagea (basically an Infiniti G35X wagon) on a 540 mile round trip last week and with the various taxes and levies in Auckland I ended up paying the equivalent of $US6.40 per gallon.

So you can see why a Leaf is such a no-brainer around here. People can call me what they want, I'm saving over $US4,000 a year on gas. :mrgreen:

LeftieBiker said:

Two replies come to mind:

#1: "Your truck is an idiot."

#2: "Sorry, you're not its type."

#3: "I'm sorry that your (insert name for uniquely male part of human anatomy) is tiny.

Matty said:
I had to drive my Nissan Stagea (basically an Infiniti G35X wagon) on a 540 mile round trip last week and with the various taxes and levies in Auckland I ended up paying the equivalent of $US6.40 per gallon.

Was your car the one featured on Regular Car Reviews on YouTube? EDIT: never mind, RCR featured that on their UK trip, not NZ.

I visited New Zealand in 2016 and in 2006 and while certainly more expensive than the US, I don't recall it being THAT much more expensive. More than Canada but less than Europe.

A mate of mine had one or two of his cars featured by RCR but not me, no.

The price of petrol has gone insane here over the past couple of years, with the NZD/USD exchange rate heading the wrong way (for NZ at least) coupled with extra fuel levies introduced by the new government and just general profiteering by the oil companies.

Back