Will replacement shocks improve suspension on 2013 S with 63K miles.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsatwork

We'll here in Southern California, us early adopters have been kicked out of the carpool lanes. Now that I'm commuting back and forth on the pothole ravaged side streets, the lack of suspension is really showing up. So, does anyone have experience with replacement struts and shocks.? What have you purchased and has it helped?

LeftieBiker said:
By "lack of suspension" do you mean that the struts and shocks are worn out, or that you don't like the OEM characteristics?

Yes, I guess I mean both, I live in an 27' Airstream trailer and pull it with a 2015 Silverado 1500 with 40,000 miles on it and I just figured out that the shocks were shot, which translated to a really bad towing experience. So, now I'm wondering if the Leaf at 63K has shocks that are shot too? It is a very heavy car for its size and those struts/shocks have got to be taking a beating. I was hoping to hear from others that have replaced there struts/shocks.

It's certainly possible that your Leaf has worn out shocks and/or struts, but it isn't certain. Does it wallow in corners? Does it keep bouncing several times after you push firmly down on a corner of the car? More than one to 1 1/2 bounces means the dampening is shot.

Back