- Breakfast and charge at Ebina or Ashigara. Can be stretched to Nakai.
- Take the Shin-Tomei expressway: It's much faster, and has the new 120km/h limit segment, but has less charging spots
- Rest and charge at Surugawan-Numazu, or stretch it to Shizuoka. This is probably the most important charging spot, before the 120km/h segment which can drain your battery really quick
- Lunch and charge at Kariya
- Take the Shin-Meishin: again, it's faster, but has less charging spots
- Rest and charge at Tsuchiyama
- Arrive at Kyoto with around 50% charge
- If you're stretching it to Osaka, dinner and charge at Katsuragawa
- Arrive at Osaka with around 50% charge
I didn't realize the change to allow speeds higher then 80kph (50mph) and now 120kph (74mph)! And I'm not too sure about the other countries, but my 2018 Leaf cruise control tops out at 120kph, can't set speeds any higher.
Thanks for the tips and especially the proposed route. While I do like that Lawson convenience store offer quick charging, I find many of them limited to 20kwh charging. And Aeon markets, at least in the Kawasaki area, aren't in the NCS network. I will definitely be on the look out for the 90kwh chargers, but I would think the Leaf would start throttling the charge rate when the battery reaches 60% charge level or so.