Help cracked 3rd brake light

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rmasu

I hope someone can help me
A ladder fell on my 2012 leaf and shattered the lens on the rear brake light ,the one mounted high on the spoiler. The LEDs work fine but lens is shattered.
I tried to find just the lens but Nissan Bly sells the entire rear assembly for about 275.00
Any suggestions on other fixes or where I can get a lens only?
Thanks!

Wrecked LEAFs show up on eBay with some regularity. They could prove to be a more affordable source of parts than the dealer. Good to see you post on the forum, even if it's this occasion. How is the LEAF working out for you?
newownermnl

Hi,
Leaf is so far so so, don't get me wrong, I love the car.
I drive 60-70 miles a day up two pretty steep hills by the time I get home it's pretty dead. If we go out after work to dinner we have to take another car. I'm looking at the BMW i3 or a tesla after this lease.
Maybe by the end of my lease 2015 June leafs will have 200 mile range.
Thanks for asking!
Btw the part number I'm looking at is 26590-3na1a. Is that right?
The part I broke is the lens on the rear spoiler for the 3rd brake light.

You might try autobeyours.com. They're the only place I'm aware of that consistently has LEAF parts from wrecked cars which should be significantly cheaper than buying new.

Anyway, checking online at parts.nissanusa.com, it appears that the part is about $210, quite a bit cheaper than the $275 you were quoted. Checking ebay.com for the part number shows a couple people selling the part there, too.

thanks for the tip I'll look into it. I was ready to just go ahead and order, can anyone verify the part number I posted above? I cant tell from the pictures online if thats the correct part.

Thanks!

I had the same problem. I don't have the part number handy, but the technical name for the part is the HIGH MOUNT STOP LAMP ASSEMBLY.

If you're not too picky, I have my old one which was patched back together "reasonably" well that I'd be willing to sell. PM me.

Hi,
same problem with cracked lense of 3rd brake light, price in Austria (complete light) was aprox. 150€.

Can somebody please give some hints how to replace (3rd light on spoiler)?
thank you in advance !
Fritz from Austria
by the way: driving both LEAF as well as TESLA Roadster :)

Back