Tsiah
Delivery Date: 15 Jan 2017

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:08 am

Chadrph wrote:Taking delivery tomorrow of a new 2016 Leaf SL with 41 miles on it. Was able to purchase it for $23,000 before the federal tax rebate. The car will be my primary transportation to and from work. Was planning on looking for a used Leaf at the end of this year, but couldn't pass this one up after finding it.

Did a lot of research before purchasing a Leaf, but just found this site. Appears to be a lot of good information on here. Looking forward digging into it all.

Wow! That's amazing. There are used '17 models with 1500-4000 miles going for that much money around here.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 pm

Bump for a newbie.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

slmooreok

Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:40 pm

Proud new owner of a 2016 S with 30kwh battery and quick charge. This was a certified pre owned with only 2800 miles. I’m in Oklahoma City where there aren’t a lot of these. This one had been on the lot since August, and then last week a dealer across town got a 2015 S CPO so I think that helped my negotiating position.

List price when I went in was $16k. I got them down to $13,100 + 700 doc fee - 700 NMAC 700 CPO incentive = $13,100. The sales guy told me he would throw in free oil changes and and a full tank of gas, lol!

I have a family of 4, minivan for our other vehicle. 14 mile one-way commute, where I park in a parking garage. I looked at a Volt but the back seat was not so great. And I worried about maintenance of gas generator. I saw that people on volt forums were talking about how important a 5-year flush of 3 cooling systems was, and since Volts in same price range were 2014’s, that would be coming up really soon.

My motivations for going electric:

* due to the crazy depreciation I think this is the nicest vehicle I could have gotten for the price
* I am looking forward to saving gas money (even though Oklahoma is starting a $100/year EV tax)
* low maintenance
* in Oklahoma we don’t have smog problems I have seen in other cities. But still I do feel good about zero emissions and moving the needle here locally just a tiny bit.

Anyway I have a learned a lot here, and still have a lot to learn. I have a JuiceBox on order and hope to get it installed next week. Was going to go Clipper Creek but I figured with the S model it might be nice to have charge scheduling on the EVSE.

erco

Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:00 pm

I'm the proud new owner of a blue 2014 S as of Oct 21. My car is thirdhand, 30K miles, 12 bars, 3.3KW OBC. It was first registered in Feb 2014 in Buford, Georgia, then sold at auction in 2016 to Anaheim Preowned Cars. Leaf Spy Lite reports 85% SOH, 82.96% Hx. I'm loving this car after 4 days, there's a very driver-friendly charging network here in Los Angeles. Free L2 charging at many places: car dealers, malls, restaurants, McDs. Plugshare lists many private residences that welcome strangers to stop by for a charge. I love LA! I met "Bill" charging at McDs yesterday, white Leaf, 2013 IIRC, he lives on a sailboat. He also leases a 2016. Super-friendly and knowledgeable, he's a Leaf nut. He was sitting in his car L2 charging when I parked beside him in a non-EV spot. Without a word, he jumped out of his car, unplugged and hooked me up! We yacked for over an hour about all manner of things. Smart guy! Looking forward to meeting plenty more Leaf peeps, there's a whole EV social sub-culture I had not anticipated. Since I'm stuck with a slow 3.3 KW OBC, I'll have lots of time to time to make new friends while charging. :)

My seller alerted me to a $450 rebate for Southern California Edison customers: https://www.scecleanfuel.com/ The first THREE owners of any EV are all eligible for the rebate. I'll still get it, as the third owner. Pretty darn cool.

I have a 2018 Leaf test drive in mid-November. Nissan comes right to my house, so I bet they'll be pleased to see a Leaf in the driveway.

Related, I just sold my previous car today, a 2005 PT Cruiser. It was cheap & reliable but its 4-cylinder engine was slow & gutless. Yet it was a total gas guzzler, netting a shameful 15 MPG in town and "up to" 25 MPG on the highway. That's downright embarrassing, as though Chrysler wasn't even trying. Abominable mileage is the #1 complaint in the PT Cruiser forums. My commutes are short, I still only spent $20 a week in gas. That's many short trips, exactly what an ICE is bad at, and what an EV is perfect for. I doubt if I'll miss the PT very much.
Ocean Blue 2014 S, 3.6kW OBC, no QC, purchased 9/17, 12 bars, Los Angeles

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”