LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:07 pm

Just to note: ECO mode doesn't limit the max acceleration when you floor the pedal, so you get the same "ludicrous mode" on demand. ECO only remaps the response of the pedal when you initially press it.

I don't know if it's that tiny lag involved in mashing the pedal, or if the claim of full power needs an asterisk after it, but it seems to me that Eco can't get to 60 as fast as Normal mode when floored. I suspect it's because the biggest difference in power is right at the beginning, and most people don't slam the pedal down fast enough to risk damaging it....
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

EjK
Delivery Date: 22 Dec 2017

Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi everyone!

I purchased my gray 2015 Leaf S with quick charge package on past FRI, the 22nd. Carvana delivered to my house. The delivery and paperwork process were unbelievably quick. The car is in pristine condition and I liked the car a lot during my test drive. I believe somebody else mentioned having the same experience on Carvana couple pages ago. After almost a week of driving, cannot imagine going back to ICE car.

It was built on May, 2014 and leased in California for 2+ years.
I took the car to local car dealer to get it checked for overall body and battery. Again, per the comments/feedback earlier in this thread, I knew more about the overall battery condition through LeafSpy then the technician who provided with me a 1 page showing a picture of a dash with full battery capacity. Though, technician stated the car is in great condition and it does not need anything.

I charged the car and although dash was showing 100%, LeafSpy was showing SOC as 97.2% with 255 GIDs.

As of purchase:
12 bars
AHr: 54.26
SOH: 87%
396.0V
Hx:81.22
odo: 24.390
29 QCs, 515 L1/L2s

Thanks to everyone for posting invaluable info for new Leaf owners.
Cheers!
2015 Gray Leaf S w/ QC

keydiver
Delivery Date: 08 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 16484

Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:47 pm

Do you plan on using your new Leaf for commuting, or what is your planned usage? The heat here in south Florida has been really bad for my 2012 Leaf. The new 2016 battery they installed is already down to 91% SOH.
2012 Glacier Pearl SL - Delivered December 8, 2011
10kW Solar PV for recharging!
2006 Prius with Hymotion 5kWh PHEV upgrade
Tesla 70D | Titanium Metallic | Matte Obeche Wood Décor| All Glass Panoramic Roof
Tesla Model 3 Pre-Ordered!

EjK

Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:54 pm

Primarily to work and back about 35 miles round trip per day for 5 days a week. I can take I95 or US 1. US 1 will extend my trip about 6 miles round trip but then travel speed will be much lower than highway with some stop and go.

I saw your post in another thread about your battery replacement experience. I share your concern and I may find myself in the same kind of situation. I thought before my purchase that given the low purchase price and low cost of operation and maintenance plus babying it (I am a slow driver anyways, getting 5.2 miles/kW on average over 1 week of ownership), will make it well worth to go with this car given that the car is very very clean. In addition, I would not compare the ride quality and experience of this car to an ICE car in the same price range.
2015 Gray Leaf S w/ QC

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:07 pm

EjK wrote:(I am a slow driver anyways, getting 5.2 miles/kW on average over 1 week of ownership)

FYI, the correct units in this case are miles/kWh. The dash display is correct.

Your car is getting somewhat close to losing 1 capacity bar. If it really is a '15 Leaf, its "lizard" battery seems to be the best so far in terms of resistance to heat-related degradation.

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

keydiver
Delivery Date: 08 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 16484

Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:11 pm

Be sure to inquire at your local Nissan service center about the in-service date for your VIN number. That way you will know how long you have to drop the 9th bar. Its hard for me to make a suggestion as to whether you should drive 95 or Route 1. Another 2012 owner in Jupiter got his Leaf the same week I did, but he ended up with a new battery a whole year before me because he was out on 95 doing 70 mph to go to work in Stuart. So, you can either drive Route 1 and baby it, but then maybe miss getting a new battery under warranty, or drive it like normal out on 95, speed up the degradation, and hope for a new battery. The good part is that either way the car will still make your 35 mile commute. My 2012 Leaf was down to 65% SOH and about 45-50 miles of range when I finally lost the 9th bar.
2012 Glacier Pearl SL - Delivered December 8, 2011
10kW Solar PV for recharging!
2006 Prius with Hymotion 5kWh PHEV upgrade
Tesla 70D | Titanium Metallic | Matte Obeche Wood Décor| All Glass Panoramic Roof
Tesla Model 3 Pre-Ordered!

EjK

Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:11 pm

cwerdna,

Thank you for correction. It is 15 Leaf, built in May, 14. I read in one of the threads that first bar loss is expected around 50 AHr so getting close.

keydiver,

Thank you for the info. Carfax shows the car was leased on November, 2014 so it's been in use for 3+ years. With SOH of 87%, this car should be fine for my daily commute for a while. Curious how it will do in FL after 3 years in CA.
2015 Gray Leaf S w/ QC

jonathanfields4ever
Delivery Date: 15 Feb 2018

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:59 pm

I know this thread is for after delivery, but I'm very excited. I just finished all the paperwork for a 2018 Leaf. Delivery won't be until the 15th of February, but I'm quite pleased. This is my first new car purchase (drove an old diesel Benz throughout high school and was carless for all of my adult life up to now), and I've always been fascinated by the idea of electric cars. I almost went with the series hybrid Note, but the Leaf test drive sold me. I'll post again when I take delivery.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:21 pm

jonathanfields4ever wrote:I know this thread is for after delivery, but I'm very excited. I just finished all the paperwork for a 2018 Leaf. Delivery won't be until the 15th of February, but I'm quite pleased. This is my first new car purchase (drove an old diesel Benz throughout high school and was carless for all of my adult life up to now), and I've always been fascinated by the idea of electric cars. I almost went with the series hybrid Note, but the Leaf test drive sold me. I'll post again when I take delivery.

Where are you located? Can you update your location info via your user name in the upper right > User Control Panel > Profile tab? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

I didn't think the bolded vehicle is available in the US. I know it's available in Japan.

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

jonathanfields4ever
Delivery Date: 15 Feb 2018

Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:12 am

Sorry about that. I’m living close to Kyoto. Went to a dealership in Mie Prefecture for faster delivery. Every dealership I contacted near me said beginning of April and/or no EV subsidy. Both were unacceptable for me.

Updated the info in my profile as well.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”