The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

With the "impending" delivery of Leafs ... this thread is for people to describe their experience as they pick up their Leaf.

Nice thread ;) We just got home after picking up the Leaf this morning. We were at the dealership for 4 hours which was a drag but it is finally here! There was a reporter from the OC Register, Lois Evezich, who asked us some questions and took some pictures. She said they would probably run the story on Friday in the Auto section. Our salesperson at Connell, Chris Klee, did a great job of familiarizing us with all of the controls in the Leaf. I know I will be digging into the manuals and Carwings even more now.

The car drives great. I had driven it during the test drive at the OC Auto Show but that was a pretty limited drive so it was nice to get on the freeway and spend some more time in it.

I just stopped by home to post an update. Going to go show it to some family now. I might be meeting up with Boomer in a bit to test out the L2 charging.

Congrats ! So, finally the first non-celebratory Leaf delivery.

Did you buy or lease ? When you get time post anything about the buying process that might come in handy for others ...

Mine is being shipped from Rairdon's on a truck. There will be sign here Sir and drive up the drive way. Or I should say drive off and show family and friends then up the drive way. :mrgreen:

We leased the Leaf for 36 months (15,000 miles/year). We put $2000 down and the payments are $445.23/month. I'll try to get a scan up of the numbers (there are a lot of them).

4 hours - I don't understand why. It wasn't like we were negotiating on price lol.. A little bit of time was with the reporter, a little bit getting the features explained to us (he had a checklist to go through), a little bit on the test drive, a little bit signing papers.. But we spent way too much time twiddling our thumbs. My wife actually left to try to go pick up some food and bring it back.

UPDATE: Below are the numbers. They are specific for my situation but I think they should be still be helpful to others
[*] MSRP=$35410 Price I paid=$34410
[*] $2000 down payment + $7500 credit = $9500 that is listed
[*] Residual of 44% of MSRP is based on 15k miles/year and 36 month lease
[*] The interest rate was 4.9% (Money factor of ~.00204)

2j3194n.jpg

omkar said:
We leased the Leaf for 36 months (15,000 miles/year). We put $2000 down and the payments are $445.23/month. I'll try to get a scan up of the numbers (there are a lot of them).

4 hours - I don't understand why. It wasn't like we were negotiating on price lol.. A little bit of time was with the reporter, a little bit getting the features explained to us (he had a checklist to go through), a little bit on the test drive, a little bit signing papers.. But we spent way too much time twiddling our thumbs. My wife actually left to try to go pick up some food and bring it back.

What option did you get one the car???

this is really cool but I hope there will be many more in the next few days. When did you receive your scheduled message from Nissan (ordered date also)? I am expecting that Santa Cruz is a lower priority location but then Petaluma had the first.

Will
Electric Auto Association, membership
Solectria Force, 1999
4KW PV in Aptos, CA

nice! one of the concerns i had was the mileage limitation especially since the Leaf would be the primary transportation car. 15,000 is perfect. had done a rough guess of over 14,000 so that will fit perfectly!!

what was your interest rate?

I did not know the lease allowed 15K miles a year. That just got more interesting to me. Thanks for posting.

I ordered on 8/31. On 11/22, I received an email saying my vehicle is scheduled to arrive at my deal in January (is that what you meant by scheduled message)? My dashboard has been all over the place and now it says the week of Jan 5.

I ordered an SL with only the Quick Charge option - MSRP $35240. But, the car I got also had the Floor Mats added so the MSRP was $35410. I got it for $1k under MSRP: $34,410.

The interest rate was 4.9% (Money factor of ~.00204)

They first quoted me with a 12K/year lease and then I asked for the 15K/year. I think it ended up being an extra $10/month.

Congrats, omkar. :) I heard the 4 hour recommendation too - that must be coming down from corporate. I hope to get mine this week. We've got a little girl coming soon, too - in February!

I think the mileage options on the lease pretty much gave me what I needed for the New Year. You get the lower payment taking advantage of the $7500 rebate up front. I am thinking this is sounding better all the time. 3 years is perfect to then re-evaluate the EV market and upgrade!

Back