jjeff
Delivery Date: 13 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 422121

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:50 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:....It seems to be an unspoken but common dealer rule to keep EVs with barely 25 miles on the GOM.

Not just Leaf, the Bolt I test drove only had 20! miles on the GOM when I test drove it :roll: Heck to only have 25 miles on the GOM of a Bolt it has to be pretty damn low! of course since the Bolt lacks a SOC meter :roll: I couldn't tell you the SOC.
2012 SL purchased used 2/'16
2013 S w/QC purchased new
Juicebox Premium 60a L1/L2 EVSE, Ebusbar 16a L1/L2 EVSE
'12 EVSEupgrade'd 20a L1/L2 EVSE, '13 EVSEupgrade'd adjustable 6-20a L2, 6-13a L1 EVSE
Zencar 13, 20, 30a L1/L2 portable EVSE
GE Durastation 30a

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:32 pm

jjeff wrote:
LeftieBiker wrote:....It seems to be an unspoken but common dealer rule to keep EVs with barely 25 miles on the GOM.

Not just Leaf, the Bolt I test drove only had 20! miles on the GOM when I test drove it :roll: Heck to only have 25 miles on the GOM of a Bolt it has to be pretty damn low! of course since the Bolt lacks a SOC meter :roll: I couldn't tell you the SOC.

I was referring to the Bolt as well. There was 25 miles even on the GOM when I started my test drive, 22 when done. The only exception so far has been the Soul EV I drove. It had about 92 miles on the GOM.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

GRA

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:44 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:
jjeff wrote:

I was referring to the Bolt as well. There was 25 miles even on the GOM when I started my test drive, 22 when done. The only exception so far has been the Soul EV I drove. It had about 92 miles on the GOM.

The Bolt I drove had something like 207 miles on the DTE (Chevy's version has been accurate enough that I don't think it merits calling it a GOM).
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:03 pm

GRA wrote:The Bolt I drove had something like 207 miles on the DTE (Chevy's version has been accurate enough that I don't think it merits calling it a GOM).

All range estimates are guesses. Unless they can use weather and wind predictions, predict traffic flows hours ahead, and read your mind as to how you are going to drive today.

It is a GOM.
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red

GRA

Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:30 pm

WetEV wrote:
GRA wrote:The Bolt I drove had something like 207 miles on the DTE (Chevy's version has been accurate enough that I don't think it merits calling it a GOM).

All range estimates are guesses. Unless they can use weather and wind predictions, predict traffic flows hours ahead, and read your mind as to how you are going to drive today.

It is a GOM.

Which is why I like the fact that they give you middle, low and high values, and you can take your pick. The Volt and Spark both used a much better algorithm than the LEAF, as it apparently used a rolling average over a much longer interval than was the case with the LEAF, and I imagine the Bolt does likewise. So, sure, they're all estimates of future behavior, but some are a lot more accurate than others.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

jonathanfields4ever
Delivery Date: 15 Feb 2018

Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:15 am

manchi wrote:I got a 2018 Gun-Metal Leaf SV with Technology and Weather package. Took delivery last Friday in metro Atlanta. Anyone who got a 2018 figured out what's up with the Android play on the car? I can't get it to enable.

I couldn’t get Apple Car Play to work on mine, and it turned out I had a bad nav unit. I don’t know much about your circumstances, but it’s not impossible.

manchi
Delivery Date: 27 Nov 2015
Leaf Number: 7808

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:41 pm

jonathanfields4ever wrote:
manchi wrote:I got a 2018 Gun-Metal Leaf SV with Technology and Weather package. Took delivery last Friday in metro Atlanta. Anyone who got a 2018 figured out what's up with the Android play on the car? I can't get it to enable.

I couldn’t get Apple Car Play to work on mine, and it turned out I had a bad nav unit. I don’t know much about your circumstances, but it’s not impossible.

I finally figure out the issue. It was the USB cable. Somehow the cheap ebay cables doesn't work. Changed to one of the thicker name-brand cable and it worked fine! :lol:

jonathanfields4ever
Delivery Date: 15 Feb 2018

Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:49 am

Meanwhile, I’ve had mine in the shop three times already. It’s being sent up to some Nissan big deal hub/factory in Nagoya to be looked at. No lemon law in Japan, either. As long as the car is suitable for the road, nothing else is required to work as advertised. Talked to an attorney and he said they may give me a cash payment as an apology, but it’s a long shot.

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:55 am

In the US, before Lemon Laws, people used to paint their defective cars like lemons and place large explanatory signs on them. The manufacturers found this surprisingly undesirable...
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

mrgoodwin59
Delivery Date: 03 Mar 2018
Leaf Number: 302485

Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:23 pm

I purchased my 2018 Leaf SV on March 3rd. Electrical outlet added last Friday so I can now charge using Level 2 in TOU. Trickle charge was taking 13+ hours to add around 40% to the battery a night. Luckily my commute is under 40% driving with ECO so I was okay but pretty much had to hook the car to the charger once I got home. I tested the level 2 last night and added 29% (from 62% to 91%) in an hour and 20 minutes.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”