voltiar
Delivery Date: 09 Jan 2013

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:38 pm

Yea, I finally took the plunge after 2 years of research here and elsewhere. Paid $32,400 OTD for a fully loaded 2016 SL with every option! I wanted white and the Bose system. After fed and state rebate it will cost me $22,400, minus the $11,000 I got from my insurance for a beat up 2008 Prius we totaled, total cost will be under $12k, not bad!

I actually set out to get a used one, a 2013 SL with 30k miles in really nice shape for $9500 but was surprised to find it didn't have any backup camera! What's up with that? A drive around the corner to Montclair Nissan and next thing you know I am signing away on a new one. The extra battery capacity did it for my wife, who was afraid of range anxiety. Plus it had the bird's eye camera, bose sound and every other option.

I'd share a pic but don't have the car yet! They had to get from another dealer that had it on show at a nearby mall! Nothing more disappointing than signing a new car loan and going home in your old car! :( Sam, the fleet manager, will personally deliver it to our home on Monday. :D

So now we have a 2013 Chevy Volt, which I love but it's a bit big for my wife. A 2014 Subaru Impreza AWD for road trips and going to our Arrowhead cabin in the snow, and the Leaf which will be the commuter car for my wife.

DaveinOlyWA
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 10 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 314199

Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:43 pm

voltiar wrote:Yea, I finally took the plunge after 2 years of research here and elsewhere. Paid $32,400 OTD for a fully loaded 2016 SL with every option! I wanted white and the Bose system. After fed and state rebate it will cost me $22,400, minus the $11,000 I got from my insurance for a beat up 2008 Prius we totaled, total cost will be under $12k, not bad!

I actually set out to get a used one, a 2013 SL with 30k miles in really nice shape for $9500 but was surprised to find it didn't have any backup camera! What's up with that? A drive around the corner to Montclair Nissan and next thing you know I am signing away on a new one. The extra battery capacity did it for my wife, who was afraid of range anxiety. Plus it had the bird's eye camera, bose sound and every other option.

I'd share a pic but don't have the car yet! They had to get from another dealer that had it on show at a nearby mall! Nothing more disappointing than signing a new car loan and going home in your old car! :( Sam, the fleet manager, will personally deliver it to our home on Monday. :D

So now we have a 2013 Chevy Volt, which I love but it's a bit big for my wife. A 2014 Subaru Impreza AWD for road trips and going to our Arrowhead cabin in the snow, and the Leaf which will be the commuter car for my wife.

surprised it was that much. how much off MSRP did you get?
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles. 2016 S30; 1857 miles. 363 GIDs, Ahr 82.34, Hx; 101.15% kwh 28.1
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

voltiar

Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:53 pm

I don't have the paperwork in front of me, but I think he took 2k off the MSRP, plus $6k off with two Nissan programs. Plus the 10k off for state/fed rebates, brought it to $22k with tax, license and all fees. And it was zero interest. So we financed the entire amount and taking the $20k we have from the rebates and payoff of our Prius and paying off the balance of our home. Why not maximize a zero interest loan?

I thought that was pretty good for a loaded SL. I guess I could have shopped around more, but this dealer got very good reviews and to be honest, we set out to get a car that day and darnit, that's what we were gonna do!

DaveinOlyWA
Gold Member

Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:00 pm

voltiar wrote:I don't have the paperwork in front of me, but I think he took 2k off the MSRP, plus $6k off with two Nissan programs. Plus the 10k off for state/fed rebates, brought it to $22k with tax, license and all fees. And it was zero interest. So we financed the entire amount and taking the $20k we have from the rebates and payoff of our Prius and paying off the balance of our home. Why not maximize a zero interest loan?

I thought that was pretty good for a loaded SL. I guess I could have shopped around more, but this dealer got very good reviews and to be honest, we set out to get a car that day and darnit, that's what we were gonna do!

ok, sounds right. guess I am not used to the sales tax thing. but there is a 7500/7500 promo going where you get one from Nissan, one from the feds. well you got $2,000 and $6,000 which is more so I guess that adds up sort of? There is regional differences in deals but I have seen the $7500 in a few different areas
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles. 2016 S30; 1857 miles. 363 GIDs, Ahr 82.34, Hx; 101.15% kwh 28.1
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

voltiar

Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:06 pm

Yea, there was an $8k Nissan promo that he used. But for some reason he took $2k off the MSRP then gave us $6k off so it worked out the same. Probably some funny math to get him a bigger commision or something, who knows? All I know is $22k OTD (after all rebates) seemed pretty darn cheap for a brand new, fully loaded electric car with 108 mile range. When I was shopping a couple years ago, no deals like that were to be had.

I probably could have gotten a better deal but just didn't want to do the dance.

arnis
Delivery Date: 23 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 015896

Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:40 pm

voltiar wrote:Yea, I finally took the plunge after 2 years of research here and elsewhere. Paid $32,400 OTD for a fully loaded 2016 SL with every option!

Are you sure you got everything? Check for:
DC charging port
6,6kW charger
solar panel
LED headlights
360 cameras
BOSE (you have for sure)
Leather interior
Steering wheel heater, 3x seat heaters, 2x door mirrors
Heat pump
30kWh battery (not 24kWh)
rain sensor
tinted windows
auto-dimming rearview mirror (not available for tinted cars)
homelink
splashguards
floor and cargo area mats
hologram kickplates
17" wheels dual color
speed limiter (not available in US most likely)
extendable sun visors (not available in EU)
DRL lights (standard in EU) integrated in foglights.
Short range EVs <30kWh -- Medium range: 30-60kWh -- Long range: >60kWh
Charging: Trickle <3kW -- Normal 3-22kW -- Fast 50-100kW -- Supercharging >100kW

voltiar

Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:05 pm

YES DC charging port
YES 6,6kW charger
YES Solar Panel
YES LED headlights
YES 360 cameras
YES BOSE (you have for sure)
YES Leather interior
YES Steering wheel heater, 3x seat heaters, 2x door mirrors
YES Heat pump
YES 30kWh battery (not 24kWh)
YES rain sensor
Not sure. tinted windows
Not sure. auto-dimming rearview mirror (not available for tinted cars)
YES homelink
YES splashguards
Not sure. floor and cargo area mats
YES hologram kickplates
YES 17" wheels dual color
Not sure. speed limiter (not available in US most likely)
Not sure. extendable sun visors (not available in EU)
Not sure. DRL lights (standard in EU) integrated in foglights

I guess I'll find out Monday when they deliver!

DaveinOlyWA
Gold Member

Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:56 am

voltiar wrote:I don't have the paperwork in front of me, but I think he took 2k off the MSRP, plus $6k off with two Nissan programs. Plus the 10k off for state/fed rebates, brought it to $22k with tax, license and all fees. And it was zero interest. So we financed the entire amount and taking the $20k we have from the rebates and payoff of our Prius and paying off the balance of our home. Why not maximize a zero interest loan?

ok, your deal sounds exactly like someone elses deal they were literally seconds away from signing but after being advised by several other people, they checked on another dealer who is VERY highly rated who offered them a "much better deal" without even knowing the parameters of the deal they were about to sign. hopefully we will learn some details today when they pick up their car...

Goahead92
Delivery Date: 28 Oct 2016
Leaf Number: 335774

Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:46 am

After driving a Wheego Whip Low Speed Neighborhood EV for a few years, I glad to now be driving a Leaf S. I'm leary of used car dealers, yet Diviton Auto Group in Arlington, TX had several Leafs and provided both a good value and a positive experience. I paid $8K for 2014 Leaf S with 19K miles which came with tinted windows and the Quick Charge, 6.6 Kw option. I presume the original leaser kept it garaged because it is pristine, with not even a door ding, yet. My daily drive is about 10 miles and I really like the heated seats & steering wheel on cool mornings.
Before buying it, I took it to our local Nissan Dealer, Don Davis, where the warranty battery check was no charge, while a pre-purchase inspection is $99. 82% State of Health seemed low, but later made sense on a Texas car when I learned it had over 140 quick charges. I now have the Leaf Spy App but didn't when I bought it. With hindsight, I'd liked to have had that information before buying. I don't think it would have changed my mind. With 30 months months of 8 bar battery warranty, I'll see how the next couple Texas summers affect capacity. It's still showing 11 bars, though I don't know much longer.
Though the trickle charger works fine, a few weeks ago, I built an open evse kit which I really like. It's nice to have faster charging options and the ability to vary amp draw if needed.
2014 Leaf S Blue Ocean
19,500 miles 11 Bars, 227 GIDS
QC, 6.6

raleedy
Delivery Date: 13 Jun 2014
Leaf Number: 339451

Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:55 pm

We've been driving a 2014 SV since June of 2014. It started with a 2-year lease, which Nissan Finance extended this past June for a third year. Yesterday I took an offer I couldn't really refuse: a 2016 SV on a new 2-year lease, with early return of the 2014 and a smaller monthly lease payment on the new car. (A big selling point is the bigger battery and better range of the newer car. While I don't need the additional range, the bigger battery makes the car a better long-term bet for me, since a diminished battery capacity wouldn't restrict the way we use the car.) So we are in the new car, as of yesterday.

I do have a complaint, and it isn't completely trivial. The 2014 SV had LED headlights with automatic on-off. The new SV has halogen lights with a manual headlight switch. The halogen lights provide poor illumination, and this is the first car we have had in a dozen years or more that doesn't have automatic headlights.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”