Page 244 of 246

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:54 pm
by DougWantsALeaf
What are the stock tires (the brand and model) on the Leaf Plus SV?

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:08 pm
by solartim
Here's a great 2011 that goes from around 8 bars in picture 2 to 12 bars in picture 1. Anyone know how to report fraud?
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto ... 11696.html

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:14 pm
by LeftieBiker
solartim wrote:Here's a great 2011 that goes from around 8 bars in picture 2 to 12 bars in picture 1. Anyone know how to report fraud?
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto ... 11696.html


This may help - a CL page: https://sandiego.craigslist.org/contact

You can also create your own listing there with a link to that one (reference the title in your title) to note the discrepancy.

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:27 pm
by Coinneach
Hi everyone! (Hi Dr Nick!)

I bought my 2019 Leaf SV Plus yesterday morning at AutoNation Nissan Tempe with 61 miles on the clock. First Nissan of any flavor, although I would have happily sold a kidney, not necessarily my own, for a Datsun 240Z back in high school. Yeah, I'm that old. Second BEV, the first being a 2012 Tesla Model S that I just bought in January and turned out to have a title lien that the lienholder was being obstinate about releasing, so back it went to the dealer with strict instructions to wedge that Tesla in an uncomfortable part of his anatomy.

So far I'm very impressed with this little runabout. Android Auto sucks, but it sucks on every car I've owned with it. ECO mode feels like a cinderblock being pulled by a team of snails. Otherwise, solid. Let's hope this summer doesn't smoke the battery.

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:37 pm
by cwerdna
^^^
Welcome! I noticed you mentioned Tempe (AZ) and noticed your profile says Phoenix. We will be very interested to see how your battery holds ups after going thru two Phoenix summers.

Heh about eco. I never drive with that on my '13 Leaf. Feels way too sluggish. And, now that I have a Bolt, my '13 Leaf feels a bit pokey. Your Leaf Plus should have comparable acceleration to the Bolt.

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:03 pm
by webeleafowners
Coinneach wrote:Hi everyone! (Hi Dr Nick!)

I bought my 2019 Leaf SV Plus yesterday morning at AutoNation Nissan Tempe with 61 miles on the clock. First Nissan of any flavor, although I would have happily sold a kidney, not necessarily my own, for a Datsun 240Z back in high school. Yeah, I'm that old. Second BEV, the first being a 2012 Tesla Model S that I just bought in January and turned out to have a title lien that the lienholder was being obstinate about releasing, so back it went to the dealer with strict instructions to wedge that Tesla in an uncomfortable part of his anatomy.

So far I'm very impressed with this little runabout. Android Auto sucks, but it sucks on every car I've owned with it. ECO mode feels like a cinderblock being pulled by a team of snails. Otherwise, solid. Let's hope this summer doesn't smoke the battery.


Congrats. Is the on-board charger for the plus a 6.6KWor is it a higher rating.

Thanks.

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:23 pm
by Coinneach
webeleafowners wrote:
Congrats. Is the on-board charger for the plus a 6.6KW or is it a higher rating.

Thanks.


6.6.

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:29 pm
by Coinneach
cwerdna wrote:^^^
Welcome! I noticed you mentioned Tempe (AZ) and noticed your profile says Phoenix. We will be very interested to see how your battery holds ups after going thru two Phoenix summers.

Heh about eco. I never drive with that on my '13 Leaf. Feels way too sluggish. And, now that I have a Bolt, my '13 Leaf feels a bit pokey. Your Leaf Plus should have comparable acceleration to the Bolt.


I'm shivering in antici...

(SAY IT!)

pation.

I didn't drive a Bolt. My experience with GM has been extremely disappointing the past few years. Two new Chevys, a 2012 Cruze and a 2014 Sonic. The Cruze was a terrible POS, in the shop every other month. I traded it for the Sonic when the gas tank started leaking. The Sonic was reliable but alternately boring and infuriating until it was t-boned. And Chevy dealers are the dumbest mfers on the planet; three years after I traded in the Cruze, I was still getting calls, emails, and postcards begging me to trade it in. I had to literally go to the dealer and get in the marketing manager's face to make them stop.

So you can see why have no interest in buying another Chebby. Don't get me started on the Cult of Elon.

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:38 pm
by LeftieBiker
If you get something in the mail from Nissan, and it isn't a lease invoice, throw it out. ;) They will give the Chevy dealers a run for their money.

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:00 pm
by DougWantsALeaf
I concur on the Datsun 240Z, even if acceleration would pale by today's standards, super fun car.