IssacZachary
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 15 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 420789

Re: Anyone heard of this third party Nissan Leaf battery expansion?

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:48 am

I have tried sending emails to this company with strange results. Yes I long for a long range EV, but I don't think taking a short range EV to this company for a long range conversion is a good idea.

I'll just keep driving ICEV's until I can get a long range EV that I can afford.
2013 SL 50,000 miles.
12 bars until 44,300 miles on June 2, 2017. :D
11 bars current. :)
The Nissan Leaf is the fourth best long distance car for highway driving. >>Best Long Distance Cars<<

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:25 pm

IssacZachary wrote:I have tried sending emails to this company with strange results. Yes I long for a long range EV, but I don't think taking a short range EV to this company for a long range conversion is a good idea.

Can you sorta describe "strange results"? Emails ignored? Did they give evasive replies? Did they just hem and haw? Was the price, what they'd deliver and when a moving target? Did they make all sorts of errors in their replies and get the units wrong?

But yeah, given the lack of any success stories and and all the lifted images I discovered (some of which I'd seen before since I used to be active on Priuschat), the place seems sketchy.

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

IssacZachary
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 15 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 420789

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:27 pm

cwerdna wrote:
IssacZachary wrote:I have tried sending emails to this company with strange results. Yes I long for a long range EV, but I don't think taking a short range EV to this company for a long range conversion is a good idea.

Can you sorta describe "strange results"? Emails ignored? Did they give evasive replies? Did they just hem and haw? Was the price, what they'd deliver and when a moving target? Did they make all sorts of errors in their replies and get the units wrong?

But yeah, given the lack of any success stories and and all the lifted images I discovered (some of which I'd seen before since I used to be active on Priuschat), the place seems sketchy.

It's been a while, about when I first got my Leaf. But I do remember getting a short reply at first saying they didn't do that kind of work. Then about a week or two later I got another email saying "Call me and I'll talk!" And that was pretty much it. I didn't persue it any further.
2013 SL 50,000 miles.
12 bars until 44,300 miles on June 2, 2017. :D
11 bars current. :)
The Nissan Leaf is the fourth best long distance car for highway driving. >>Best Long Distance Cars<<

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:13 am

^^^
Weird!

Sounds like they didn't want to put anything in writing regarding their supposed Leaf battery add-ons.

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”