Navigation: North always up?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WWBD

Has anybody figured out how to change the navigation display so that North is always up on the map? I absolutely hate how the arrow is always pointing up; I would prefer west to be to the left, south at the bottom, etc. - like a normal map! Under navigation settings I found what looks to be a setting to change this, but it's always "greyed out" for me and not selectable.

Edit: Doing a bit of research on google, it seems that the terms are "north up" vs. "track up". I want North up! I don't need to see something on the left side of the screen to know to turn left. Cardinal directions please!

no "heads up" adj. on the Prius where the compass is, just touch it and it toggle from "north up" to "heads up" (heads up means up is direction you are traveling in

WWBD said:
Has anybody figured out how to change the navigation display so that North is always up on the map? I absolutely hate how the arrow is always pointing up; I would prefer west to be to the left, south at the bottom, etc. - like a normal map! Under navigation settings I found what looks to be a setting to change this, but it's always "greyed out" for me and not selectable.

Edit: Doing a bit of research on google, it seems that the terms are "north up" vs. "track up". I want North up! I don't need to see something on the left side of the screen to know to turn left. Cardinal directions please!

WWDB, to change between the two modes, press on the 'compass' in the lower right part of the Nav (in between the Zoom Out and Zoom In buttons).

LOL up is the direction your car is facing so it make sense. I do understand in the human mind we like to keep a direction going.

Well, I am a big "map" guy with a good sense of direction. That's the view I want to see.

Omkar, thank you, that worked! Now we just need to figure out how to bypass the need to click "accept" every time we start our cars!

WWBD said:
Now we just need to figure out how to bypass the need to click "accept" every time we start our cars!

Yes! We need an "Agree-er" for the Leaf. Preferably one that also lets the passenger enter destinations while driving:
http://www.coastaletech.com/BASIC_LOCKPICK.htm

While driving along a Route (or just driving, no Route):

The 2010 Prius-Nav v9.0 does not show the names
of the upcoming cross/side street(s).

Many other GPS Nav systems do show that helpful info.

Does the LEAF-Nav show these names?

Back