Carwings is awesome!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

driveleaf

Omkar is clearly kicking butt, among the 8 leafs that are currently being ranked. :)
screenshot20110107at132.png

Just you wait until mine gets back off that transport truck. :)

Very interesting. Ofcourse with so many hills here, we will beat everyone around for regen (oh may be some fight with SF, but they have mostly flat suburbs).

But I'm disappointed with the 4.2 mpkwh being the best.

This is very cool. Because people are so competitive, we're going to see a shift in driving behavior from super aggressive to super defensive and efficient. It's better all around for everyone!

evnow said:
Very interesting. Ofcourse with so many hills here, we will beat everyone around for regen (oh may be some fight with SF, but they have mostly flat suburbs).

But I'm disappointed with the 4.2 mpkwh being the best.

The 4.2 energy economy number IS interesting. Can someone post screenshot of the "see top 100" page? I'd be interested to see the spread on the energy economy numbers.

Jimmydreams said:
The 4.1 regen number IS interesting. Can someone post screenshot of the "see top 100" page? I'd be interested to see the spread on the regen numbers.
And the energy economy.

Looks like you can even compete for who plugs in the least accessories. So all of you without an iphone will beat us kids with our devices, our usb thumbsticks, our constant playing with navigation, possibly power windows... Guess I'm gonna have to put a boombox in the backseat to win this sort of thing.
screenshot20110107at144.png

I am completely fascinated with carwings. Now, we need to get some good RSS feeds that make the RSS reader do amazing things.

evnow said:
Jimmydreams said:
The 4.1 regen number IS interesting. Can someone post screenshot of the "see top 100" page? I'd be interested to see the spread on the regen numbers.
And the energy economy.

That's what I meant. I edited my original post.

(note to self, never post after 2 cups of coffee!!) :lol:

Interesting, it looks like the system warns it may take some time to update data.

But here's the Energy Economy rankings, as well as the Regen Rankings:

screenshot20110107at147.png

screenshot20110107at147.png

I am actually more interested in the worst score! I have no problem feasting on clean/re-newables... (standby to go off topic in 3, 2, 1... ;))

Enjoy it while you can folks, the ambiguity will soon come when more Leafs and varied conditions arrive. Wait till I drive to a friends and stay till the next day and actually generate more in regen than I used since it's all down hill. Last time I took this route I generated 5kwh of regen! If everyone were driving the same routes this would be fun but soon some of the MOST efficient drivers will be ranked lowest because of where they drive. At least it is good comparative tool to measure against yourself over time:) They should have accessory category for those willing to freeze in the winter with no heat.

Yes, very awesome. Although I can't find the 'top average speed' tab! :D

Are most LEAF drivers not using Carwings?

It seems like Omkar is competing with 7 other drivers, but the spreadsheet shows at least 16 have taken delivery!

EVDRIVER said:
Enjoy it while you can folks, the ambiguity will soon come when more Leafs and varied conditions arrive. Wait till I drive to a friends and stay till the next day and actually generate more in regen than I used since it's all down hill. Last time I took this route I generated 5kwh of regen! If everyone were driving the same routes this would be fun but soon some of the MOST efficient drivers will be ranked lowest because of where they drive. At least it is good comparative tool to measure against yourself over time:) They should have accessory category for those willing to freeze in the winter with no heat.

Wait until the NW starts getting cars then you will see some truly awesome regen numbers. Because everyone knows it is downhill when we get the I5 electrified and we drive to California.

I am impressed with some of Omkar's data. In particular the amount regenerated (10.8 kWh). 17 trips worth 86.6 miles at 4 miles/kWh. That translates to 43.2 miles worth of regen on average, or 50% of his traveled distance !!! Am I doing something wrong in my math or assumptions ? In 17 trips (a lot of which may not count due to on/off = 1 trip ) he must have done a few RTs ... it couldn't have been all downhill, right ?

driveleaf said:
Omkar is clearly kicking butt, among the 8 leafs that are currently being ranked. :)

Lol! I think part of that is due to me having a few more days of stats in there. It will quickly change :)

Where are you guys seeing all this info? Online or in your cars? And do I have to do something special to start getting ranked?

Back