Facebook Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVNation

My friend Mark Swain, a fellow Mini-E driver and Chevy Volt CAB member (but don't hold that against him ;)) set up a Facebook Group for Leaf Owners.

He ran the Mini-E Facebook group and it was a lot of fun. We held meetups and talked straight and unfiltered about the experience.

If you are into that kind of thing, join (LeafOwners) at:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_184664911551980

EVNation said:
My friend Mark Swain, a fellow Mini-E driver and Chevy Volt CAB member (but don't hold that against him ;)) set up a Facebook Group for Leaf Owners.
Is he getting a Leaf ?

evnow said:
EVNation said:
Is he getting a Leaf ?

Once his Volt CAB test is over not sure what he is doing next. He is definitely an EV convert. He does a lot of driving so for him the EREV made a lot of sense. He did buy a Volt also, so for a short time, I believe he may be the only person with a two volt family. But that loner is up in a couple of months. I will be taking him an his wife out in the Leaf soon I am sure so we will see. The are also looking at Active-E being all post-Mini and all. That doesn't really interest me personally.

evnow said:
Sorry, not interested in joining a leaf "owner" group run by a non-owner.

[Mini Rant]
Nothing personal cause we don't know each other and tone is hard to read on boards. But man. I don't get this EV thing at times. I have been in it more than two years and I see this kind of attitude all the time. I just don't get it. Not a big deal. We are friends, he is an EV nut and really into Facebook and knows it well. He asked me about it and I said it would be fun. So he started the group and he set me up as admin. We would be fine with setting other admins as well. But be clear I am a pretty inclusive guy. I am not vetting at all if people are actual "Owners" I just don't care. If they want to contribute fine. I am going to Volt meetups and I hope they come to any Leaf Ones.

The idea was the "NissanLeaf" group is a fan page controlled by Nissan. Good to have a place on Facebook to gather that isn't.

But do whatever you like. Start your own group. Call it the "The Real Leaf Owners".
[/Mini-Rant]

EDIT: I realize now that this was best said in a PM so I am sorry for getting a bit political. I was going to delete and send PM but have been requoted so I apologize if this came off harsh. I think EVNOW and I agree on much about the car and EVs. I also realize this may be off topic for this forum which I obviously value so will refrain from posting about FB here anymore. Thanks.

EVNation said:
evnow said:

[Mini Rant]
Nothing personal cause we don't know each other and tone is hard to read on boards. But man. I don't get this EV thing at times. I have been in it more than two years and I see this kind of attitude all the time. I just don't get it. Not a big deal. We are friends, he is an EV nut and really into Facebook and knows it well. He asked me about it and I said it would be fun. So he started the group and he set me up as admin. We would be fine with setting other admins as well. But be clear I am a pretty inclusive guy. I am not vetting at all if people are actual "Owners" I just don't care. If they want to contribute fine. I am going to Volt meetups and I hope they come to any Leaf Ones.

The idea was the "NissanLeaf" group is a fan page controlled by Nissan. Good to have a place on Facebook to gather that isn't.

But do whatever you like. Start your own group. Call it the "The Real Leaf Owners".
[/Mini-Rant]

+1. If Mark Swain is anti-Leaf and clueless about the car then ok, you might have a gripe. But if the guy has 'internet charisma' and is a good organizer, idea person, and keeps interest up, who cares what he drives?

I'm in!

EVNation said:
But be clear I am a pretty inclusive guy.
I guess so am I.

But my long internet forum experience tells me, long term commitment is difficult without ownership. But perhaps others can run it as well ...

Best luck.

evnow said:

Interesting since so many of us WANT to own a Leaf but
geographical location makes it impossible. We, the unwashed,
don't count, couldn't possibly have something to contribute &
should be ignored until we are "saved" by the likes of Nissan.

hodad66 said:
Interesting since so many of us WANT to own a Leaf ...
That makes all the difference.

ps : Do you guys really think it is best to have someone close to GM run Leaf owner group ? Atleast there is some conflict of interest there.

evnow said:
hodad66 said:
Interesting since so many of us WANT to own a Leaf ...
That makes all the difference.

ps : Do you guys really think it is best to have someone close to GM run Leaf owner group ? Atleast there is some conflict of interest there.

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."
:twisted:

My feeling is why do we need another place to talk straight with each other when we have mynissanleaf.com? This smacks of disloyalty to me, but at the least is redundant. I have a facebook account and check it for maybe 15 seconds a day, but I've found in general that facebook groups suffer from being so easy for anyone to find and join that they attract all kinds of people I really don't want to hear from, such as spammers who post ads, morons whose grasp of English is about 2nd grade level, pranksters who join just to post obscenities or to rant against whatever group it is. Private forums like this attract a much better demographic. I have come to like and respect the members here and develop a sense of who is really knowledgeable in particular areas, etc. The facebook groups I've joined have all been filled with mindless gushers who think everything is wonderful about that product/author/TVshow, etc. or the negative side people I described earlier. I have removed all commercially based groups from my facebook profile.

Rat said:
My feeling is why do we need another place to talk straight with each other when we have mynissanleaf.com? This smacks of disloyalty to me, but at the least is redundant. I have a facebook account and check it for maybe 15 seconds a day, but I've found in general that facebook groups suffer from being so easy for anyone to find and join that they attract all kinds of people I really don't want to hear from, such as spammers who post ads, morons whose grasp of English is about 2nd grade level, pranksters who join just to post obscenities or to rant against whatever group it is. Private forums like this attract a much better demographic. I have come to like and respect the members here and develop a sense of who is really knowledgeable in particular areas, etc. The facebook groups I've joined have all been filled with mindless gushers who think everything is wonderful about that product/author/TVshow, etc. or the negative side people I described earlier. I have removed all commercially based groups from my facebook profile.

For the real Leafers, you're right, this forum is enough. I look at the Facebook group as another way for a non-leafer to 'stumble' upon good information about the Leaf and EV's in general. That can't be a bad thing.

I see myself as spending 98% of my time here (like now) and very limited time on Facebook. But to let another potential area for newcomers to discover the car wither on the vine ( :lol: ) just because mynissanleaf.com exists would be sad.

One thing is that it is a lot easier to post photos on Facebook. If this board could ultimately store some photos instead of me having to ftp them to another site and link to them, it would make something that is currently "great" even greater (this board)....

Jimmydreams said:
For the real Leafers, you're right, this forum is enough. I look at the Facebook group as another way for a non-leafer to 'stumble' upon good information about the Leaf and EV's in general. That can't be a bad thing.

I see myself as spending 98% of my time here (like now) and very limited time on Facebook. But to let another potential area for newcomers to discover the car wither on the vine ( :lol: ) just because mynissanleaf.com exists would be sad.

simply another venue to share some of the excitement......

Randy said:
One thing is that it is a lot easier to post photos on Facebook. If this board could ultimately store some photos instead of me having to ftp them to another site and link to them, it would make something that is currently "great" even greater (this board)....
Yes - that would be nice. I suggest a thread in the website forum on this. Could be a privelege for supporting members.

Back