Anyone to critique my Ebay ad?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atikovi

I spent a few days creating the listing but since most of you know more about the car than I do, let me know if I made any errors either factual or grammatical. Any other comments or suggestions welcome. It's at: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Nissan-Leaf-SL-Hatchback-4-Door-/152342890662?forcerrptr=true&hash=item23785808a6:g:kzYAAOSwEzxYQ35U&item=152342890662

A quick skim later: double check the EV drivetrain warranty - I seem to recall it being 5 years, but I'm not sure. I suggest you specify that the longer warranty is for battery defects. Is the HP for the 2012 110 or 108? Last, I'd specify that the solar panel will keep the accessory battery charged "if parked in direct sun."

Thanks, you're right and I added a disclosure about the length of the EV warranty. Got the 110 HP spec from a few online articles like http://www.digitaltrends.com/car-reviews/2012-nissan-leaf-review but torque is what gets the car going anyway.

Without a doubt, that is the most comprehensive ebay ad I've ever seen! Also, the photos are worth saving for future reference on any physical aspect of a Leaf!

That has to be the most insane listing I've seen in years. You've got to scroll through 75 pages of standard promotional information and photos before ther is any information about the actual condition of the car. That's just nuts. If anybody is looking for a Leaf, they don't want to play Nicholas Cage in National Treasure. That's way too much work. Condition info should be right up front.

Having said that, the end photos and descriptions are some of the best and most useful that I've ever read. Very concise and highly useful.

So in conclusion, I'd strongly suggest changing up the order the info is listed in.

Yeah, I'm the guy who told the emperor he had no clothes.

That's just the flow of the listing. Into, equipment, photos, details. It's the format I've used for years successfully and apparently it works just fine as I sold it within 24 hours of listing it.

atikovi said:
That's just the flow of the listing. Into, equipment, photos, details. It's the format I've used for years successfully and apparently it works just fine as I sold it within 24 hours of listing it.
So then you aren't really interested in feedback. I understand. It was a very creative way to post your item for sale on a non-sale section of the forum. Maximum visibility: the first rule of marketing. :idea:

retrodog said:
atikovi said:
So then you aren't really interested in feedback.

Actually, I modified the ad from the feedback given here.

Latest posts

Back