Replacing door mirror in 2016 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adaviel

I just cracked the passenger-side mirror in my new Leaf :evil: - backing up to charge it and caught the mirror on an unexpectedly robust bit of laurel bush.

I've seen a Burco heated glass for sale online for some USD $50, but that shows for the 2011 and 2012 model years. Is the 2016 the same ? Any experience changing a glass ? I should call the dealer and see how much $$$ they want, I guess...

Normally, I'm a hands on guys and would tell you to get another at a junk yard, and changing it yourself by taking off the interior door panels....

However, that is a really new car, which is under warranty... and you don't want to mess with the integrity of your warranty for just a mirror. I would suggest either getting it fixed under your collision insurance, or bite the bullet for about $400-500 for the new mirror and another $150-200 for installation...

You had some bad luck there buddy.

Thanks. Found mwalsh's guide still online at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=18983
$102 CAD from the local Nissan dealer including taxes in 3 days was a better deal than $52 USD delivered next year with freight and duty added on. Relatively easy lying on my back with a flashlight and long-nosed pliers.

IMG_3743_mid.jpg

Looks like I broke one of the tabs getting it off; that's OK. Tilt the mirror up, then bend/break the bottom locking tabs. Tilt the mirror down and unhook the top tabs, and remove the connections to the heater foil. Replacement should snap into place - the plastic ring is a snug fit so it needs to be centred, and it takes a bit of force to get the locking tabs to latch - push on the glass firmly/carefully.

I hit my driver side mirror with the trash can and I busted pretty much the Triangular base has anyone separated the two bases I found a basic mirror online on eBay and plan to separate the base from that mirror to replace the base on my camera SL mirror

J

Does anyone have a picture with the mirror off looking inside the housing can you separate the pivoting base from the shell of the mirror?

J

Back