Adjusting Seat Height

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PianoAl

Has anyone been able to change the seat height?

mY9imeW.jpg

No matter what I try, it doesn't work.

How is that lever supposed to work? Up to raise down to lower? Pump?? Put Chris Christie in the seat and push the lever??

It works like an old-style barber's chair. Pump, pump, pump. Make sure there's nothing under the seat (especially behind the seat) if you're trying to lower it.

Ah, got it. Partly, the problem was that I was trying to move it down, and it was already as far as it would go.

My knee hits the steering column a bit--I was trying to make that better.

PianoAl said:
Ah, got it. Partly, the problem was that I was trying to move it down, and it was already as far as it would go.

My knee hits the steering column a bit--I was trying to make that better.
You can also raise the steering wheel. I have mine raised all the way and it blocks the lower part of the display, that shows the trip meter any maybe some other things but if I don't have it up all the way it hits my knees :x I really really want a bigger vehicle, I'd love the eNV-200 but I have little confidence Nissan or really anyone will come up with anything in the near future. My best bet would probably the the PHEV Chrysler Pacifica but I'm not sure I want the ICE.....while not as bad as the old Volts(haven't tried the new one) the Leaf is probably one of the smallest cars I've owned :(

jjeff said:
You can also raise the steering wheel. I have mine raised all the way and it blocks the lower part of the display, that shows the trip meter any maybe some other things but if I don't have it up all the way it hits my knees

Thanks! I didn't realize that adjusting the steering wheel moved the part that my knee was hitting. :oops:

Much better now.

Back