What onboard charge will 2012 Leaf SL with a DC option will have?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanart

Happy New Year !!!

I read that supposedly all 2011 - 2012 have 3.3 on board charger and the major improvements on sv and sl trism as of 2013 is a 6.6 on board charger witch cuts the charging time in half.
Then what is the rating of a 2012 SL with a DC (level 3) fast charging option??? Level 4 could charge it to 80% for 30 min,,,

I got a guy and he says that his level 2 charger for the above mentioned model and he charges it to full for 3 hours ( having 11 bars on the battery)

ANy though are appreciated,

P.S.

from here:
https://techcrunch.com/2011/07/19/nissan-adds-new-features-to-the-leaf-for-2012-jacks-up-the-price/
Expected delivery of the first 2012 Nissan LEAFs will begin in the fall.

The MY12 vehicle features product enhancements that incorporate feedback from early LEAF drivers, including standardizing the most popular options. These features include:

DC Fast Charge capability standard on Nissan LEAF SL: The vast majority of MY11 consumers have opted for the DC fast charge port, which allows the vehicle to be charged at 480V – reducing charging time to under 30 minutes for charging the vehicle to 80 percent from a fully depleted state. As DC fast charge stations proliferate across the country, Nissan expects this feature to become even more popular. For 2012, fast-charging capability will be standard on the SL trim level.

All 2011 and 2012 LEAFs have 3.3 kW onboard chargers. The DC quick charge port was optional on 2011 SL models (factory installed only) and would charge the battery to 80% in 30 minutes using a 50 kW charger. The DC quick charge port might have been standard on 2012 SL models, but was never available on 2011 and 2012 SV models. The onboard charger will charge a new battery from completely dead to full in about 7 hours (probably a little less) with 240 volts input from EVSE capable of at least 16 amperes output or about 24 hours using the 120-volt EVSE that came with the car. Charging times from completely dead to full become progressively shorter as the battery deteriorates.

The 6 kW onboard chargers in 2013 and later SV and SL models (optional on S models) will charge faster at 208 or 240 volts if the EVSE allows higher current (30 amperes required for fastest charging).

A 2011 or 2012 with 11 capacity bars could charge fully in 3 hours at 240 volts if it is only discharged to 40% or 50% state of charge. It will take longer than 3 hours if it is fully discharged.

Gerry

I hear you thank you Gerry,

Somehow I got the impression that if the car has DC level 3 it means that it will have 6.6. KW on board charger... I was mistaken....

Back