Leaf won't charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virgil7771

Hello,

I have a 2012 Leaf with around 36,000 miles on it. Over the past few days, the car had stopped responding to Remote Climate Control initiation, and generally took a long time to heat up without it. Climate control timer indicates that it is off. It charged fine overnight on the 120v trickle charge, but when I plugged into a 240v charger at work this morning the car simply refused to talk to the charger. I see no dash lights to indicate any error. I'm pretty worried as this is my only transportation. Any tips on why this might be happening would be greatly appreciated!

You DID spring for the Telematics modem upgrade from the original and now-discontinued 2G modem, yes? Sorry for the obvious question.

No apology necessary, as I had no idea. That would seem to answer the question about remote status via the app. Would that affect charging? Thank you! Admittedly I'm somewhat of a newbie.

The car should charge normally without the telematics upgrade. Mine does. Check the rubber sealing ring inside the EVSE plug, to make sure it hasn't shifted and isn't preventing the plug from going in all the way. Check the similar ring in the car's socket as well.

I remember a few years ago a post from someone who had gotten a small stick or something lodged in one of the recesses in the socket. He couldn't get it to charge and was about to miss work.

Back