Opportunity to buy a Leaf without waiting for months

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flxx

I´m in the market for a Leaf but don´t want to order one and wait for months. The situation of some people might have changed between ordering several months ago and now. What happens to those cars where people back out?

Any Forum member that is already annoyed with his Leaf and thinks about selling it? :p

What does happen to vehicles that were ordered: the person backs out, can't get financed, doesn't like the feel of the car (not likely LOL)? Do they try to match it with someone else who ordered the same car description, or try to sell it to the person next in line for delivery?

shawnbrig said:
What does happen to vehicles that were ordered: the person backs out, can't get financed, doesn't like the feel of the car (not likely LOL)? Do they try to match it with someone else who ordered the same car description, or try to sell it to the person next in line for delivery?

Depends. Are they in Santa Monica?
:twisted:

flxx said:
I´m in the market for a Leaf but don´t want to order one and wait for months. The situation of some people might have changed between ordering several months ago and now. What happens to those cars where people back out?

Any Forum member that is already annoyed with his Volt and thinks about selling it? :p

The problem with buying a Leaf from a current Leaf owner (assuming you could find someone who would sell) is that the sale negates the tax rebates/credits - which in California is $12,500. So if you want a Leaf so badly that you are willing to pay some number of thousands over MSRP so that the seller makes a few bucks and recovers the tax credits which have to be repaid- great! Post your intent. Unfortunately, most people want to purchase for the discounted sales price and with the tax credits, so that's pretty much a non-starter.

LakeLeaf said:
The problem with buying a Leaf from a current Leaf owner (assuming you could find someone who would sell) is that the sale negates the tax rebates/credits - which in California is $12,500.
I agree that it negates the CA $5K rebate, but I don't remember any such restriction on the US $7.5K tax credit. Are you sure of that?

planet4ever said:
LakeLeaf said:
The problem with buying a Leaf from a current Leaf owner (assuming you could find someone who would sell) is that the sale negates the tax rebates/credits - which in California is $12,500.
I agree that it negates the CA $5K rebate, but I don't remember any such restriction on the US $7.5K tax credit. Are you sure of that?

Should be original purchaser on new car only not a used and resold car. It's not a repeating tax credit and you will need the original sales contract as evidence.

Thx for the offer but $150k is a bit too much ;)

If someone knows a dealership with a cancelled order or thinks about selling his Leaf soon for a reasonable price, please send me a PM, thx! :D

flxx said:
If someone knows a dealership with a cancelled order or thinks about selling his Leaf soon for a reasonable price, please send me a PM, thx! :D
I think anyone who sticks around here will by pure "peer" pressure get the car. It would be very difficult to resist when reading about the car day-in and day-out. This includes Gary ;)

evnow said:
flxx said:
I think anyone who sticks around here will by pure "peer" pressure get the car. It would be very difficult to resist when reading about the car day-in and day-out. This includes Gary ;)

I'll take a pizza bet Gary does not buy. For those without a reservation seriously looking for a car with a Spring delivery send me a PM, I may be able to help.

Leafittome said:
How about this Leaf?

http://www.leafowner.com/Forums/forumid/2/threadid/666/scope/posts.aspx

He should just cancel now and let it go to the next person in line who ordered the same configuration... its only fair to those who are waiting.

Well, do you consider $149,998 "more" reasonable?

What is "reasonable" in your mind for a "March" LEAF?

In March, I will have been waiting for 11 months. At $1000 per month ... that adds up! Of course, you can always get in line. :D

Leafittome said:
How about this Leaf?

http://www.leafowner.com/Forums/forumid/2/threadid/666/scope/posts.aspx
Very interesting that the dealer agreed. I'll be watching the auction.

Wonder what Nissan thinks of this. Will they cancel the order ?

Update:

Spoke to some dealers that offer Leafs on Autotrader but they don't have anything available.

Received a PM offer under 100k but still too much $$$ for me.

flxx said:
Received a PM offer under 100k but still too much $$$ for me.
Did you check that ebay auction ? You can buy it now for $5K. So you pay MSRP + 5K. Or bid on it and may get it for less.

Back