At minus 2 celcius (28 degrees F) what would you expect to see on the range meter GOM

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webeleafowners

Hi Folks. A friend of mine asked me to ask this question. At minus 2 degrees celsius or 28 degrees Fahrenheit what would you expect to see on the GOM range meter. His battery temp is 3 bars. Outside temperature overnight was minus 9 degrees or 15 degrees fahrenheit. Battery about 98 percent charged a day or two before. The GOM is reading 160KM which to me from what I know sounds about right for that temperature. Any guesses??

Thanks

That's about what mine said when I first got the car. (100 miles)

But since I've been driving around in cold weather with the heater on my average mileage is 2.5 miles per kilowatt-hour. So I guess that affected the guess-o-meter and now it's around 70 miles.

I'm not sure the ambient temperature has much effect on the GOM. I've driven at -33*F/-36*C with one temp bar and I didn't notice any difference in what the GOM normally says.

IssacZachary said:
That's about what mine said when I first got the car. (100 miles)

But since I've been driving around in cold weather with the heater on my average mileage is 2.5 miles per kilowatt-hour. So I guess that affected the guess-o-meter and now it's around 70 miles.

I'm not sure the ambient temperature has much effect on the GOM. I've driven at -33*F/-36*C with one temp bar and I didn't notice any difference in what the GOM normally says.

Yah I didn't know if it affected the guessometer. We are away form our leaf right now but our Smart ED GOM is affected by the cold. We are presently in the states with it (in Palm Springs) And the estimated range will very 15 or 20 KM with a 20 degree swing.

Thanks for replying.

John

IssacZachary said:
Yes I'm also showing between 2.5 and 2.7 on my miles/kwh meter since resetting it this winter. Prior to resetting it I had driven my Leaf for ~2 years without resetting it and it showed 3.5, it will be interesting to see what I get in the summer.
My Leaf also shows ~70 miles after a full charge but I'd never get that in below freezing temps, maybe in the summer but not when any heating is required.

The GOM will give a figure based on the last 5 minutes or so of driving before the car was shut off. For that reason it is very likely to be wrong no matter what it reads - most people slow down a few minutes before parking.

Back