Need someone to check tire size on a 2016 SV re tire chains

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webeleafowners

Hi folks. We may need to carry chains for a trip. We will probably never use them but...just in case...we need to have then in the car as per the signs. We are not by the car right now and won't be for a couple weeks. Can some one check the tire size for me.

Anyone actually ever put them on?

Recommendations etc.

Thanks in advance folks.

John and Angela

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VAKXVA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2FOFVDA67L13W&coliid=IJ66SDQYWLNRY&psc=1
This is the chains I'd get for my 205/55/16 Leaf, not sure if yours are the same size though, although I believe it may be.

IIRC, some 2016 Leaf SV's came from the factory with the 17 inch wheel package from the 2013+ SL.

If your rims look like this, it's 205/55/16:

Revised-Nissan-Leaf-Japanese-Spec-16-inch-alloy1.jpg

If your rims look like this, it's 215/50/17:

15TDI_LEAFmyu039.jpg

However, there's a possibility that both sizes could use the same tire chain size. Check with the tire chain's manufacturer.

Although I certainly do not need chains for my LEAF, I remember reading in the owner manual to only use Class S (due to limited tire/wheel well clearance). Therefore, cable-type chains would be a good choice since they don't extend far from the tires and are easier to install if you ever need them. As others noted, I will confirm that 215/50/17 is the correct size for the SV or SL.

Gerry

Thanks Gerry. We picked up a set of cobras for thirty something dollars at autozone today. We got confirmation of the tire size as well. Thanks for thinkin of us. We are set. Lets hope we never have to use them. :)

John and Angela.

I would get SCC Z type cable chains, they are low clearance, easier to put on, and give you lateral stability in addition to fore/aft stability. It's nice you don't have to move the car to put them on. We use a similar set for our ambulances with pretty good success, as well as easy on/off.

I haven't purchased any for the Leaf, because I have a 4wd truck and AWD SUV if it is icy/snowy, but here is the one that is supposed to fit my SV with 16" wheels: https://amazon.com/Security-Chain-Company-SZ131-Passenger/dp/B000HZFDP0/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1486945065&vehicle=2013-67-16223-247--18-6-5-19536-3131-1-1-3623--5-0&sr=1-1&ymm=2013%3Anissan%3Aleaf

Back