LED headlight aiming knob - gone since 201x---?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FalconFour

I just got a 2014 LEAF SV to replace my 2013 S, and it has all the bells and whistles - super excited! :cool: :mrgreen:

But one thing is strangely missing. The headlight adjustment knob, something I had in the 2011 LEAF SL... (oh, and the "VSP Off" button, but I'm adding that back as I did with the '13 S as well ;) ).

ebuNrRSl.jpg

I can't find anything on Google or forum search about this - like nobody's even noticed that it's there or not there, thus not commented on it. I know it's there in the 2011, but like the VSP Off button, did it disappear from all trims after 2013 (or 2012 for the VSP button)? Or is it just an SL feature?

Yes headlight adj went away with the '12 models and VSP off when away with the '11 models, I don't believe either had to do with trim level but I'm not positive.

Adjustable headlights went away after 2012--I still miss them after 2 years with the 2015. It was nice to be able to lower the aim in fog (rare, but does happen once in a while in Phoenix) and rain to reduce glare as well as when carrying heavy loads. At first, I missed the switch to turn off the noise maker, but I decided not to worry about bothering the neighbors when I back out of the driveway late at night or early in the morning--it makes up for the barking dogs and other noise that I put up with.

Awh. :( Well, I got my VSP Off button back easily enough (now the 4th car I've installed it in ;) ), but the headlight knob is a bummer. Unlike the VSP button (whose switch pin is still present in the module - and the "off" LED is in the center console!), I'm sure Nissan didn't leave the adjustment hardware in there just without a control... so I guess I don't feel too bad. :lol:

Good to have the info present here now. Thanks!

On my 2011 the stock headlights are so relatively dim, this feature has very little use... Does anyone who has it use it..? Next time it is foggy may give that a try...

JimSouCal said:
On my 2011 the stock headlights are so relatively dim, this feature has very little use... Does anyone who has it use it..? Next time it is foggy may give that a try...

If they are halogens you can buy more expensive halogen bulbs. If they are LED-s you can't really do anything beside cleaning headlights more often.

if you go to youtube and search my name, you will find my channel and in my review of the leaf i also bring this up. I love the adjustable headlights but i do think it was done after 2012.... sad.. i can completely shut them downward so they dont go into neighbors windows or oncoming traffics' eyes....

In EU adjustment is mandatory. Either manual with button (up to 2000lm) or automatic with load sensors.
My 2014 Leaf has that button. Halogen lights.
No adjustment needed until you put something heavy in the trunk or more than one passenger in the back.

Back