New Pirelli Tires - Great Deal @Discount Tires Direct

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maini

PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS 205/55-16
Mileage Warranty 70,000 Miles Treadwear 700
Traction A Temperature A Speed Rating H
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?ra=filterTireProducts.do&fl=&yr=2014&pc=14719&counter=0&ar=55&rd=16&vid=026605&cs=205

Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus. 205 /55 R16 91H SL BSW. $96.42 each.
TOTAL. = $385.68
$50.00 ONLINE ORDER SAVINGS (WEB Only)

Total Price: $335.68 - $60.00 (Pirelli Mail in Rebate)
FINAL TOTAL Tires only cost = $275.68. No Taxes Free Shipping

Per Tire Cost = $68.92
Installation Lifetime rotation & balancing + Tire Disposal + TPMS Rebuild+ Tax = Approx. $25.00 per Tire
Total Per Tire installed = $93.92

Total Cost for replacing 4 Tires = $375.68

Between Friday, March 10th and Monday, April 24th, 2017, receive a $60 Visa Prepaid Card delivered by mail when you purchase a set of four qualifying Pirelli Tires. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findPromotions.do?pgid=2243&yr=2014&vid=026605

Sounds like a great deal on some decent tires, too bad I just recently replaced my stock Ecopias, with more Ecopias @ ~$500 for a set of 4 all said and done on my '13.
Of course I suppose I could use better winter tires than the Chinese "summer tires" on my '12......continue to use those for this summer and then this late fall have the Pirelli's mounted.......decisions decisions
So are the tires shipped to me or a local Discount Tire B&M?

Any idea if the 17 in version of the Pirelli's any good? My Michelins worked great but tread is gone at 29,000 miles. I'm considering switching brands...I was quoted $720 out the door for new Michelins...too expensive!

jjeff said:
Sounds like a great deal on some decent tires, too bad I just recently replaced my stock Ecopias, with more Ecopias @ ~$500 for a set of 4 all said and done on my '13.
Of course I suppose I could use better winter tires than the Chinese "summer tires" on my '12......continue to use those for this summer and then this late fall have the Pirelli's mounted.......decisions decisions
So are the tires shipped to me or a local Discount Tire B&M?

I just shipped them home and will carry then to the Discount Tire close by at my convenience. I think you can get then shipped to your installer too.

jdcbomb said:
Any idea if the 17 in version of the Pirelli's any good? My Michelins worked great but tread is gone at 29,000 miles. I'm considering switching brands...I was quoted $720 out the door for new Michelins...too expensive!

I am trying out the Pirellis for the first time in any of my cars... I based on the review as pasted above and also the Tire rack dn Discount tire ratings. No idea about the 17inch tires.. they should be similar to the 16inch IMO.

I've owned Pirelli's in the past, they were common on Fiats and were very good quality. Lately I've been getting Michelins but stuck with the Ecopias on my Leaf mainly for range and price. At this price I'm seriously considering them on my '12 for winter tires until my Chinese summer tires wear out at which point I'd run the Pirellis all the time.

maini said:
jdcbomb said:

I am trying out the Pirellis for the first time in any of my cars... I based on the review as pasted above and also the Tire rack dn Discount tire ratings. No idea about the 17inch tires.. they should be similar to the 16inch IMO.

Update: I waited as long as I could to replace my Michelins that came on the 2013 SL that I've had for a little over 2 years. If I had kept the tires at around 40 PSI from the beginning instead of around 34 PSI, I bet the tires would have lasted at least until end of 2018. I only started keeping them at the higher PSI about a year ago and did notice the wear go much slower. Now at 31,000 miles I just ordered these: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tiresWillFit=true&tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Cinturato+P7+All+Season+Plus&partnum=15VR7CP7ASP

Combining cashback from topcashback + my credit card + a Pirellis rebate my total out the door with installation and shipping to a local installer is about $580. I briefly considered the Yokohoma Avids but decided to spend about $100 more overall given the much higher ratings of the Pirellis.

maini said:
PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS 205/55-16
Mileage Warranty 70,000 Miles Treadwear 700
Traction A Temperature A Speed Rating H
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?ra=filterTireProducts.do&fl=&yr=2014&pc=14719&counter=0&ar=55&rd=16&vid=026605&cs=205

Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus. 205 /55 R16 91H SL BSW. $96.42 each.
TOTAL. = $385.68
$50.00 ONLINE ORDER SAVINGS (WEB Only)

Total Price: $335.68 - $60.00 (Pirelli Mail in Rebate)
FINAL TOTAL Tires only cost = $275.68. No Taxes Free Shipping

Per Tire Cost = $68.92
Installation Lifetime rotation & balancing + Tire Disposal + TPMS Rebuild+ Tax = Approx. $25.00 per Tire
Total Per Tire installed = $93.92

Total Cost for replacing 4 Tires = $375.68

Between Friday, March 10th and Monday, April 24th, 2017, receive a $60 Visa Prepaid Card delivered by mail when you purchase a set of four qualifying Pirelli Tires. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findPromotions.do?pgid=2243&yr=2014&vid=026605

Finally installed it at Americas Tire (Discount tires). Total charge $100
I saved one of the best old tire and they installed it on a Steel Rim I purchased from a Leaf owner.
The Rim was brand new as he put his own 16" wheels the day he purchased the car. He gave to me at $50. I have to say it is very light!!
So total for 4 new tires Installed $275.68 + $100 = $375.68 (Yeah I used the $60 Pirelli mail in rebate Credit Card)
New Full size Spare cost = $50 (Free installation and balancing by Americas Tire!!)

I've had these tires installed on my 2013 SL for the last few days and they are noticeably quieter, smoother, and better overall traction. Trip computer shows tiny negative effect on range but not more than 3-5 pct at most. (4.6 VS 4.4). Installed at 31,500 miles. 39 PSI.

Tire Rack: just search their site for the Nissan...2013...Leaf...and select the trim. Pirelli P7 All Season Plus that has "EcoImpact" low rolling resistance is the exact model.

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DW3YLPM/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1495070008&sr=8-14&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=pirelli+cinturato+p7+all+season+plus

The only issue with Amazon is you will have to pay a third party to install...which appears the cheapest option is WalMart...comes out to $90+ with tax.

Tire Rack charges shipping but the installation cost they charge with local installers is lower. I also got 6 pct cashback from topcashback (doesn't work with Amazon), so I stuck with Tire Rack.

Another side note: Amazon now charges sales tax in all but a few states. Tire Rack does NOT charge sales tax if you do not live in South Carolina. Another reason to go with them.

This is also a good deal:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?ra=filterTireProducts.do&fl=&yr=2014&pc=43499&counter=0&ar=55&rd=16&vid=026605&cs=205

Yokohama AVID ENVigor 205 /55 R16 91V SL BSW
60,000 mile warranty, Low Rolling Resistance

$360 shipped - $60 MIR - $70 MIR - $60 MIR (if you choose to pay with a Discount Tire card - I have one just because they offer tire deals with it pretty frequently) - $21.60 (6% cashback through TopCashback or the CB site of your choice)= $148.40 + $60 tire change at local shop = $208 all-in for brand new LRR name-brand tires with a decent warranty

maini said:
Sorry your link is not working... Not sure which tires you purchased. Please provide details in the text format.
The link was broken by the board inserting a referral/tracking link. Here's the original URL:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tiresWillFit=true&tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Cinturato+P7+All+Season+Plus&partnum=15VR7CP7ASP

Back