JohnKuthe
Delivery Date: 22 Mar 2017

I LOVE the instant torque of my Leaf!

Thu May 11, 2017 3:41 pm

I was waiting in the left lane of a very busy NS highway in STL and you know those little spaces where you think "I could have made that"?

Well I MADE IT!! :-) And I love me in my Leaf are always first off the line at red lights to green! Not counting the idiots on their "phones" when the light turns green! I leave them WAY BACK there!

John Kuthe...

SageBrush
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017

Re: I LOVE the instant torque of my Leaf!

Thu May 11, 2017 3:56 pm

City driving is a rare thing for me these days, but I always focus on the *next* light to try and avoid stops. It makes for a nicer ride and better fuel economy. Racing to the next red light is a fool's errand.
2013 Model 'S' with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California with 63.9 Ahr after 22k miles
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado

JohnKuthe
Delivery Date: 22 Mar 2017

Thu May 11, 2017 4:22 pm

SageBrush wrote:City driving is a rare thing for me these days, but I always focus on the *next* light to try and avoid stops. It makes for a nicer ride and better fuel economy. Racing to the next red light is a fool's errand.

This was thick of rush hour traffic in the CITY! I;m not trying to jack rabbit start too often, but when I have to/can, she's got it!

John Kuthe...

GetOffYourGas
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012

Fri May 12, 2017 5:37 am

SageBrush wrote:City driving is a rare thing for me these days, but I always focus on the *next* light to try and avoid stops. It makes for a nicer ride and better fuel economy. Racing to the next red light is a fool's errand.

There is an intersection I pass through regularly which has the opposite problem. When heading west, they are timed such that there is about 15 seconds between the first turning green and the second going red. The vast majority of cars waiting at the first light end up stopped at the second. Not my Leaf. With all that torque at 0MPH, I can spring right through the second light before it turns yellow. Usually I'm the only car that makes it :D .
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

LincolnW
Delivery Date: 04 Jun 2017

Fri May 12, 2017 9:51 am

I'm not gonna lie. Every once in a while I floor it just to surprise people. I know it's less efficient driving that way, but I need to have at least a LITTLE fun now and then. I sold my M3 for this thing for crying out loud. :D

DaveInAvl
Delivery Date: 18 Mar 2014
Leaf Number: 331649

Fri May 12, 2017 12:04 pm

GetOffYourGas wrote:The vast majority of cars waiting at the first light end up stopped at the second.

There's one like that near us too, and the LEAF got me past the second light more than, um, once or so. Since turning it back in at lease-end, it's a lot harder to launch my older 5-speed Corolla to do that without making a racket from wheelspin :-)

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”