Towing a LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenleaf7

Hi Folks: Has anyone towed their LEAF for long distances? I'd like to tow ours behind our motorhome if I can do so without damaging anything. The owner's manual says to only tow the LEAF with the front wheels off the ground and the parking brake released. An RV towing dolly places the front wheels off the ground on a special trailer and the rear wheels are still on the ground. This seems like it would be OK, as the rear wheels have no connection to the electric motor or the front wheels. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Towing on a dolly is fine. I rented a U-Haul tow dolly to tow my 2011 across the city for the Phoenix Range Test in 2012. I had to be careful not to turn too sharp because LEAF is a fairly wide car and I did not want the fenders of the tow dolly to hit the body. There are other threads about this and one with a reference to a dolly that does not have a turntable. I would get one of those if I were planning to tow a LEAF long distance.

Note, make sure parking brake is released before towing. The electric parking brake will remain released without issue.

Back