Driving to almost zero charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cardw

I thought I would share what happened to me when I got to a low battery state.

At 15 miles left you get a warning screen and the Navigation screen gives you the option of finding the nearest charge station which included my home and any friends where I may have charged up and my local Nissan dealership.

The miles available will count down until you get to 7 miles left and it will give you another warning message, but the miles left indicator is three lines and doesn't count down any longer.

I drove into my driveway a few minutes after this with climate control off and my lights still on, but I had turned off the fog lights and was on low beams because both the fog lights and high beams use halogen lights instead of LEDs.

I'm only using trickle charge since I generally don't drive much more than 20 miles per day and may be moving. It took 19 hours to get back to full charge using 110v.

Now that's an interesting data point, since the owner's manual says "approximately 21 hours" if you recharge as soon as you get the Low Battery warning. You've indicated you went maybe 9 miles or so beyond that point, which I would have expected to be another two hours or more of "trickle charge". Yet you charged to full in 19 hours instead of 23. Did you indeed see 100% charge or 12 charge bars? Are you getting your timing information from Carwings, or just from looking at the car's dashboard 19 hours later? Others have reported that the charging stops for a while, then has one or two charging blips later. Did you see anything like that?

Back