Biggest mistake as a New Leaf Owner

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groingo

It actually happened, got up this morning to run some errands, got to the car to find I had forgotten to plug the power in last night so drove the Geo Metro for second time since I got the Leaf!
The interesting thing being how different the Metro and Leaf are, the Metro is very light and nimble with power nothing because it doesn't need it (a superbly balanced and efficient car) while the Leaf is heavy and big in comparison (Leaf weighs 300 pounds less than my '03 Crown Vic Interceptor)...a true eye opener, yet the Leaf is family so its ok!

There is a bigger mistake. Not realizing that you forgot charging and driving to some distant destination with semi-charged battery. I did it several times. Fortunately charge was still (sometimes barely) enough each time.

There is an even BIGGER mistake, and not just as a New Leaf Owner.

That is going on an adventure at the edge of the LEAF's range, then getting lost 45 miles from home. THEN having to sit in the overflow parking lot of Tampa International Airport, at 4 p.m. under a blazing sun, knowing that I should have already been home, waiting for the call that comes 10 minutes later from my wife, "WHY AREN'T YOU HOME YET!" and replying, "Well, I got lost and REFUSED to ask for directions, I don't care if it is a LEAF!" :roll:

And doing all this in a 2011 LEAF, which of course takes twice as long to recharge with L2 than the newer ones.

Back